Thread: icons from System tray are disappearing in Linux Mint 11

icons from System tray are disappearing in Linux Mint 11

A few days back everything on my system tray disappeared and my system tray came to be useless excluding for the menu button. There was a warning that headed up when the desktop first began up that stated there was some sort of error and inquired to delete or not delete (I suppose), the same mistake message had been heading up for some time I invariably decided on the non-delete choice but I wasn't giving careful consideration and preferred the delete alternative this time (I suspect this is identified with the mentioned situation).

re: icons from System tray are disappearing in Linux Mint 11

Same sort of scenario was with me Previously on my system tray was: network manager, time+date (which has been restored successfully), upgrade supervisor (in addition back), language/keypanel include choices (I require Japanese and Spanish to be working and Japanese needs the anthy include dialect bar which is no place to be found, power manager.

When you get the "delete or don't delete" inquiry, constantly prefer "don't delete". This is a know bug for GNOME form of LM11. Following you shut the note, open a terminal or press Alt+F2 and run:
    Code:
    killall gnome-panel
    To reset your panel to the default from after installation, run:
    Code:
    gconftool –-recursive-unset /apps/panel
    rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
    killall gnome-panel

The panel itself didn't disappear simply the icons and function (method has subsequent to been restored but icons have not). I know that I shouldn't have picked the "delete" alternative, but what's finished is finished. Unfortunately and the failure message hasn't appeared after. The code that you sent didn't alter the situation. I still don't have power, dialects or network on my tray and still don't ability to restore them.

I where you than I could right-click on a blank area, prefer properties/orientation, and move it to best or one side, rehash and move back to base. No thought if that will accommodate, but it appears implausible to more that a redraw. Since that somehow happens to make some situation, attempt the terminal commands above again.

I think I have a comparative situation. Parts of the panel disappear or turn transparent. I don't think I have had any icons disappear. It is frequently rectangular areas amidst the panel. I could probably alter it utilizing 'killall little gnome-panel', restarting the window trough with Compiz Fuzion Icon or ctrl-alt-delete and log in again but it invariably happens again. I have not found a solution.

Re: icons from System tray are disappearing in Linux Mint 11

To get back the power and network on your system tray; right click wherever the panel and select Add to Panel, for the dialect keyboard choice, please do the taking after from Control Center under Hardware partition, hit Keypanel then from Keypanel Preference window run over to Layouts and verify there are 2 dialects on the window ( Japanese and Spanish), then hit Options button underneath, from Keypanel Layout Options select "Key(s) to update layout" and select the several key’s combo you like and your done . maxmm5