Thread: Can anyone help to change screen resolution in Windows 8

Can anyone help to change screen resolution in Windows 8

I want to modify my resolution to my local screen resolution 1680x1050 60hz however I don't include that option. in its place I contain to choose from
    • 800x600
    • 1024x728
    • 1280x1024
    • 1600x1200
    • 1920x1440

At 64 Hz. How do I modify it to my local display resolution if I don't have the choice there? I attempt to install the display drivers however it continue telling me windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. My monitor is a Dell E228WFP

Re: Can anyone help to change screen resolution in Windows 8

So the graphics adapter drivers installed properly. Are you using the virtual machine or installed locally? What is the configuration of your computer or you require to install the Dell drivers for your video card in Vista compatibility mode. If you are not certain what to do please post it again. Since Windows 8 is new, all previous drivers will not work. As a result, the beta came out for the hardware manufacturers can create drivers. At this time Windows 8 as genuine just basic driver. You must wait until hardware manufacturers develop drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticod View Post
    So the graphics adapter drivers installed properly. Are you using the virtual machine or installed locally? What is the configuration of your computer or you require to install the Dell drivers for your video card in Vista compatibility mode. If you are not certain what to do please post it again. Since Windows 8 is new, all previous drivers will not work. As a result, the beta came out for the hardware manufacturers can create drivers. At this time Windows 8 as genuine just basic driver. You must wait until hardware manufacturers develop drivers.
    That's strange isn’t it Windows 8 come with local display drivers in Windows Update Well mine did, in any case
    try doing a Windows Update and see if some basic native drivers for your card manufacturer are available.

I have to install drivers for Intel GM965 previous to I use to have additional resolution choice options.