Thread: Screen keeps flickering in Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2)

Screen keeps flickering in Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2)

When I upgraded to OSX 10.7.2, I started to get away a lot of screen flicker on my old 27 "LCD Cinema associated to a Mac Pro I have the look forward to that an upgrade to a new-fangled Apple Cinema LED display (27 "flat screen) might fix the blinking - Any thoughts?

Please note. The Mac Pro (2 x 2.93 GHz Intel Xeon 6-core), just prior to the beam to which type of screen is not an alternative. The mature Cinema Display LCD using a DVI to ADC adapter to unite Apple with Mac Pro and Mac Pro has an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB graphics card series. I have tried to inferior the resolution of 1920 x 1200 and have tried reinstalling the OSX 10.7.2 combo; both have not solved the trouble.

The timing suggests that the trouble is more to do with the last update of Lion instead of your graphics card is about to fail - as blinking may suggest - as the image is completely stable when in full screen mode Elgato Eye TV.

Re: Screen keeps flickering in Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2)

This happened to me too. Definitely seems to be a bug in the latest update. I just upgraded to 10.7.2, and my 20 "Cinema Display started flickering (or, more precisely, to redraw the screen properly for a fraction of a second). And I recently upgraded the graphics card MacPro3, 1 to ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB for the sole purpose of running FCPX and movement.

He had to return to my old ATI 2600 - which means that FCP until it is resolved.

Going to anyone who has the old cinema acrylic displays that use the DVI-ACD.disconnect the adapter and reconnecting solves the trouble only duration of a session is restarted the flashing back so you have to disconnect and reconnect again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessalyn View Post
    Going to anyone who has the old cinema acrylic displays that use the DVI-ACD.disconnect the adapter and reconnecting solves the trouble only duration of a session is restarted the flashing back so you have to disconnect and reconnect again.
    The unplugging / replugging do not resolve it for me, but I'm type of glad I'm not unaccompanied with this trouble.