Thread: Whenever I reboot my PC, Windows 7 desktop redisplays

Whenever I reboot my PC, Windows 7 desktop redisplays

My computer is running on Windows 7 64 bit Operating System and now I am experiencing a very irritating issue. Whenever I reboot my computer then the desktop gets displayed correctly for once and then all the icons on its turns white and then they get redisplayed very slowly. I am not able to understand what the reason behind this behavior is. I have set my desktop to display texts at 125% and icons I have set to medium. I have tried to delete the icon cache but I think when I rebooted next time then it was rebuilt and didn’t make any difference in the behavior of my computer. Is there anyone who can figure out the reason behind this and help me to fix this issue? If you have any suggestion then please, reply.

Re: Whenever I reboot my PC, Windows 7 desktop redisplays

My computer also behaves similarly. When it starts, first displays all the icons and then they get disappear and then get redisplayed again very laboriously. This was not happening when I had newly bought this computer. I think it is behaving like this because, now I have installed many softwares on my computer. And the system is getting overloaded. So, I think if I will uninstall all the programs again then it will start working normally again. But, I don’t want to uninstall those softwares. If there is any other work around for this then please, suggest.

I have the same problem, but I don’t think it is because I have installed too many softwares on my computer. I can say this because, I have seen my friends have installed even more programs than me and their pc loads quickly without any trouble. I was thinking this is because of any virus so I scanned the computer with an antivirus but I didn’t found any kind of virus on my computer. What else can be the reason behind this?

It was with my computer also. And in my computer the reason behind this behavior were two programs which were loading after the desktop gets displayed for the first time. And because, they started loading, therefore the whole desktop icons were getting redisplayed.

Thanks for replying and sharing this with me. You said there were two programs which were causing the desktop to be redisplayed, but you didn’t mention the name of those programs. I can use this information to fix my issue if you will reply with the name of those programs. So, please tell me which programs were causing this issue in your computer.

According to me there cannot be just a single program which is causing this behavior. I was also experiencing this issue, but now my pc is just fine, In my case I had installed many programs in my computer. Then one day I just replaced my C drive with an SSD and from then I didn’t got this issue. I think there are some start up preprograms which cause this behavior of your desktop. I can suggest you to boot your pc in safe mode or you can also use msconfig to disable all the start up programs and then after you restart your computer again, I think it will load perfectly and you will not see the problem of redisplaying all the icons again. Just give it a try, I am sure about it that it will solve your problem.

Yes, you can solve this problem by disabling start up programs by either booting in safe mode or by using msconfig. And if you see that your problem is because of a particular program or even two then you can disable some programs using the above start up tab and then check that the problem still exists or not. This way you can find that specific program which is causing this issue. Then you can easily stop them from automatically stating at system start up.

Thanks for your help. Now I have fixed that problem of redisplaying the desktop every time I was booting my computer. I think the reason behind this issue was the Bluetooth icon which was on the task bar. Though it is hidden, it seems that it was the program which was causing the redisplaying of desktop. However, now I have solved this issue. Thanks for helping me to come out of this annoying issue.