Thread: Not able to remove sidebar from desktop on Windows XP

Not able to remove sidebar from desktop on Windows XP

Hello friends, I am having the problem with the sidebar which is there on the right side of the windows, as I am using the windows XP Home Service Pack 2, so the problem is that I am not able to remove the side bar form the windows, so I need help of yours to remove from the windows desktop, as it is making the system running slow and also it is making the system to open any of the process slowly. So please suggest how I can remove it and also which is the step should I follow to remove the sidebar from the windows. Thank you.

Re: Not able to remove sidebar from desktop on Windows XP

If you have any software which is related to sidebar which you have installed in the windows, I would say that you simply uninstall that software from the windows, and then see that sidebar will be also removed.

You can remove the sidebar, as you have installed the sidebar which has come along of the theme related software, so to remove that follow the following steps and the sidebar will be removed.
    • Go to the control panel
    • In that select the Add / Remove Programs
    • As you select that you will be able to get the window, in that you select the gadget software.
    • Then you click on the remove / uninstall
    • The software will be removed completely, so do a restart and see the sidebar is not there on the desktop.

Try this step and I am sure you will be able to remove the sidebar.

You can search for the solution on the internet and you will be able to get some sort of the solution from there.

The solution is very easy, the sidebar is been know as the gadget bar in the windows, well in the windows XP it is not available you have to add the side bar by some sort of the software or any application which make the sidebar appear on to the screen, so I would suggest to remove the software or the application which you have inserted on to the windows of yours. The best and also good way is which I have seen and also worked for me to use to remove the sidebar from the desktop and also from the windows which you are using it.

You can find the solution for it on the internet, as I do not know much about it and also I have never used the sidebar in the windows XP, so search on the internet.

My friend, I want to tell that as far as I know that the only way to get clear of the Common Tasks from the desktop which is to change the registry key which are been created. So I would tell you clear the registry key of the system which are the extra and then see it will might work for you, as one of my friend have done the same and he was able to get ride out of it, so that is the reason I have suggested to you to follow it and try to do it.

It is due to the software which you have installed to get the side bar on to the screen of the desktop and remove the software from the window is the best and proper option to do.

If I would be at your place I would have gone through all the software which I have installed on the windows, and then I would check all the software which are been related to the sidebar on the desktop and also will try to remove the software which are related to the sidebar, then I would done a small restart of the system and would try to see that the sidebar is been removed from the desktop or not, if not then I would gone to the internet and would search for the solution which solve the problem which I am facing it, so I would also suggest you to do the same method which I would have try to do when I have got the same problem.

I would suggest to do the formatting of the windows, as is the best and also the last option to try and also it is full worked solution for any of the problem.

I was not getting any of the problem and also I was not able to get any of method to remove it, I have try all the method which all the users have told me to, but I have done of the solution which has solve the problem of mine is that I have done the formatting of the windows and get the rig of the problem, but I have to add all the solution again on the system, but I was able to get it rig of the side bar.

I have to remove sidebar from desktop on windows xp.But cant able to do this thing.If you have any software which is related to sidebar which you have installed in the windows, I would say that you simply uninstall that software from the windows, and then see that sidebar will be also removed.

bingomaxxbuzz Guest

I am having the problem with the sidebar which is there on the right side of the windows, as I am using the windows XP Home Service Pack 2, so the problem is that I am not able to remove the side bar form the windows, so I need help of yours to remove from the windows desktop, as it is making the system running slow and also it is making the system to open any of the process slowly. The best and also good way is which I have seen and also worked for me to use to remove the sidebar from the desktop and also from the windows which you are using it.