Thread: Game icon disappeared from desktop

Game icon disappeared from desktop

Hi, I am little bit unsure that what happened actually, till yesterday it was fine, but when I start the computer today, it was like all the icons where missing from the desktop, that’s doesn’t matter actually but the problem is like the game that I use to play, I am not able to see their icons also on my desktop, in fact don’t know what is the actual problem, is there anyone having the same problem with them?

Re: Game icon disappeared from desktop

I was also having the same problem and it seems that you are newbie to the computers but still the problem that you have mentioned is very none actually. Ok forget about this, actually you should try to find out those icons where you have installed the actual game so from there you can again recover those icons to the desktop, you just need to select that icon and then right click on that icon from there you find an option to select make shortcut.

As you have mentioned it seem that either it is a major problem or the smaller issue, because as the all the icon gets disappeared means the PC might have been affected through the virus also, I am not sure but it happens sometime due to that also the icons gets disappeared suddenly, so according to me you should try to run the antivirus software and try to find out the cause, as if there would be any virus then you can simply find and fix them.

Have you ever been through this kind of problems ever? Seen because if this is the steam game then you can have option to clean reinstall the steam again in your machine, and if suppose you persist the same problem, then you should have a glance at the installed folder, like whether the icon there or not because if the icon would be just disappeared from the desktop only then you can recover it again from here also.

Hey thanks guys for your kind suggestion though it was help really in fact I came to know that we can recover it from the main folder, so I got other icons but not the one which I was playing actually, an I tried to much to find that icon but still in that folder also it wasn’t there. So what next shall I do in order to get it back. As I have make a search in my whole computer but didn’t go that executable file. And thus I am not able to play the game.

It seems that that the icon is not actually disappeared but got deleted from its main location and thus you are not able to find it, so for that you can have a option like you should try to get it from some other source, such as if suppose one of your friend has this game then you can simply copy that file from there also, otherwise you can have another option as to download the same files from the internet.

The icon must be deleted from the both the locations like the desktop and also from the main folder also, you as the above user mentioned you can simply get that file from internet also, but if suppose you have a setup file for the game then easily you have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it again, after doing these you will get that files also back, and before doing that you can save the profiles files in another location so whenever you just install the new game you can simply start from the location where you was actually.