Thread: Will deleting Unused Desktop Shortcuts provide free space

Will deleting Unused Desktop Shortcuts provide free space

I am having a problem with the free space of my desktop is that when I delete unused desktop shortcut folder my free space doesn’t change. In fact sometimes it decreases. I have files around 80 MB in my unused desktop folder. And when I restart the files come back at the same place. Is that when I delete the files from the folder some important files gets deleted or what is the problem am I doing it the wrong way or should I do something else any one suggest me what should I do.

Re: Will deleting Unused Desktop Shortcuts provide free space

The solution for your problem is that you can try using disk defragmenter ,it is a utility that is designed to increase speed by arranging files which are stored on your disk it reduces heavy load on your files .which reduces time to load your files for reading from and writing files to the disk. You can get disk defragmenter in start >programs>accessories>system tools and also the disk defragmenter reduces time for a system to start up.

One way you can get rid of the files on your unused desktop shortcut folder is that you will have to use BCWipe software to remove the files as BCWipe as BCWipe permanently deletes files which you have been deleted. It gets activated from windows you will have to activate it from Explorer File menu or from Context menu or from BCWipe task manager .by following the steps in BCWipe you will be able to permanently delete the files without coming back to your system I think this will surely work.

I think that when you delete a file from your computer it gets deleted at that time but when you restart your computer it comes back there might be a possibility that your computer might be infected with some kind of a virus as virus has an ability to replicate files so even if you delete it several times it might come back again so I think that you will have to use a good antivirus utility to get rid of the virus file which has infected your computer then you will not get the same problem again.

One of the fastest way that you get free space in your computer is that you will have to turn off system restore first and after doing this you will have to restart your computer , after turning your computer on you will have to turn the system restore on . by doing this you will lose the saved points on the drive that you have not selected. But for doing this you should be fine for doing this because you might lose some other files but it would be ok if you are doing it on a storage drive.

to free space u may use pc tuners and other software u can do it manually also
    if u are using windows, then go to program files in c drive and the delete the uninstalled application folders manually and carefully....
    again,
    if u are using idm then u can delete temp folder and free lots of space.........

Dude, you are JOKING right? I shortcut link is less than (by a mile) 1 KB in size. Unless you have a billion of them on the desktop you are NOT going to save space.'

WOW