Thread: How to change individual folder icons in windows 7?

How to change individual folder icons in windows 7?

I have done a research and I wasn’t able to find the answer to my question: I want to change the icons of couple of my folders in Windows 7 Home Basic. I do not want to affect the default icons of the whole system; I just want an individual icon for one folder alone to change. However, the other folders can stay as they are now with the standard Windows icons. So, is there any way to do this without causing any problems to the default windows icons used by the other folders? Any advice by you guys will be really appreciated :-)

re: How to change individual folder icons in windows 7?

This is very easy thing you could have done this even by viewing the screenshots on the Google however just follow these steps and it would be done and remember one thing that the default windows icons are not changes unless you mess up with files in the windows folder. Just follow these steps: First of all open the file properties by Right Clicking on the file, then click on "Customize", and then select “Change Icon". Then choose the icon you want to use. Try avoiding high resolution images and select the images that have the .ico extensions.

Right click the empty area on the desktop and click on the personalize option. Then click on the change desktop icons link at the upper left corner in the window. Then to change the icon on the desktop- click on the middle pane and select a desktop icon by clicking on it whichever icon you want to change, then click on the change icon button. – Then select an icon that you want to use instead or click on the browse button and browse to the location of the icon you want to use. NOTE: any icon can be selected the only thing is that it has to be of the resolution 256x256 pixel and should have a .ico extension.

Sometimes you end up messing up with the icons and then you are not able to identify the icon in that case it is very annoying to click on each and every icon and open it to go to the exact folder where you want to go. So in such cases you can go back and select the default icon for that folder or else you can restore it to the default icon. To do this follow the following steps: right click on the desktop and click on the personalize- then click on the change desktop icons link- then click on the middle section and then select any desktop icon that you are willing to restore- then click the restore default button on the lower right corner of the window- then click on the ok button. This process will restore the folder to the default icon.

Hi friends, I also want to change the icons of my desktop and also the internal icons I have done this before also but the thing is that I was not satisfied with the icons I downloaded from the internet. So now I would just like to create some new icon images by myself but for that I want you guys to help me out here and please tell me a step by step procedure as how can one create a customized icon that too without spoiling the rest of the system icons and the other icons present in the computer and also I wanted to know whether I can create a animated icon or not if yes then how? Please help me with this, it would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.