Thread: How to Change folder icons across network ?

How to Change folder icons across network ?

Hi, I am running windows 7 in my computer, and I am running a small network in my office, in which all the machine have windows XP, so whenever I change the icons in the windows XP, I am able to see the change through other machine which has the same operating system, but can’t see the changes through the windows 7, through the windows 7 running machine i can only change folder properties locally, I am very desperate to find the solution to this, anyone can help me?

Re: How to Change folder icons across network ?

I would say this is the basic compatibility problem between the windows Xp and the windows 7, but I would say you should change the view of the folder in the windows XP, I am not sure that this you’ll be able to see, you can always change, I would say change the view of that particular folder to thumbnail instead tiles, than you can see the icons in the network.

I think the problem would be because of the custom icons, because whichever image you have selected that image is obviously not in the machine that you have, thus you are not able to see those icons, or maybe you have selected icons which is not provided by the windows itself, isn’t it? Because if you use any thirds party software than also it is not possible to see the changes.

See, I would tell you the simplest solution, as if you are changing the icons for just a change, then I would say why you want to change it, keep it that way only. Because as you change those icons, you may not be able to see the folders which has the changed icons from the machine that has a windows 7 running, or if suppose you got such a folder, you won't be able to change it from windows 7.

Have you ever try to change the icons through the windows 7 itself, this might work actually, you can do this, access the folder for that you want to change the icon. And then select the icon from the given window, and then try to see the folder. Otherwise I would say you can use the software for changing the icons such a way that is accessible in the network also, especially by the machine running windows 7.