Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to change the system defined icons

Customize Desktop

Old 31-05-2011

How to change the system defined icons

Hey, I would like to be the member of such a good forums, I am using the windows 7 in my PC, and whenever we make a new folder, it is appears yellow by default, and that I know we can customize, but I have question that how can we change the icons of the particular folder to whom the icon is assigned by the windows itself, such as Desktop, Downloads, Computer, Network places, Favorites, and so on. Thanks.

Old 31-05-2011

Re: How to change the system defined icons

Yeah, off course you can change those icons, as you have mentioned that you?re using windows 7, it is too good, otherwise as far as I know in windows XP, we cannot change the icons of such a folders, to whom the icon is define by the operating system itself. I mean to say the folders such as my computer, my network places, recycle bin etc. but here you can change through many ways.
Old 31-05-2011

It is too simple brother, you can do it in the couple of seconds only, you can simply follow this steps. First of all Right click on the desktop and click on Personalize, and click on the link called Change desktop icons the upper left corner of the window. From the middle panel select the icon that you want to change, and then select the button change icon, a window will appear showing different icons, form there, you can select the icon that you want.
Old 31-05-2011

You can change the icons in the windows 7 as this is not possible with windows XP, apart form this icons, you can make your own theme also in the windows 7, where you can change the desktop image and the overall appearance of the desktop and along with that the folder view in each directory, and many more things, otherwise I would suggest you to download the themes from the internet that will change the icons automatically, accordingly.
Old 31-05-2011

By the way this is very simple process, through which you can change the looks of the icons, but here you?ll get the icons to which is given by the system itself, but I would like to suggest you that you can download the third party software?s too for changing the icons, thus through that, you can have many different icons apart from the windows provided. I had heard about the iWellsoft Folder Magic, Win7 Library Tool, and so on. You?ll get if you search it on the internet.
Old 31-05-2011

If you are planning to change the icon for the ?my network places? you can download the software called Solway's Desktop Icon Layout Saver, or Dell Network Assistant, this way you can change the icons, you can change without downloading this software also, but the difference would be, you?ll get the more attractive icons for your computer, whereas windows provides only the default icons, you can also put the animated icons also, but such a icons you have to download first from the internet.
Old 01-06-2011

If you want to change the icons, if suppose you want to change the icon of you?re my computer, you can simply right click on the icon and select the appearance, and as you click on that the window will appear, called computer appearance and then in the display frame you?ll see the option called system default and the custom, thus if you select the custom, you can put your own icon. After selecting the icons press ok, the setting will take effect automatically, you can download the icons from the internet also, which is more attractive that the windows provided.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , , ,