Thread: How to change "new folder" icon in windows 7?

How to change "new folder" icon in windows 7?

Hello friends. Compliments to each and every one out there. I hope that you all have been doing well. I am new to computers and had a doubt in my mind, so thought to leave a thread here. Basically, the thing is that I would like to know whether there is any technique to alter default icons in windows explorer such as Desktop, Favorites, Downloads, Computer, Network places and few more of them.Do reply people and let me know. Thanks in advance for the help as I really appreciate it on a very high note. Take Care.

re: How to change "new folder" icon in windows 7?

Hello. I am fine. I would like to tell you that you can revolutionize the majority of them by substituting the icons in your images.dll in C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll and in favor of x64 systems you comprise to edit imageres.dll in C:\Windows\SysWow64\imageres.dll as well. At that moment unambiguous your icon cache furthermore again start. I feel this is fairly easy and you will be able to do it without any issues. Also, I am hoping my reply proves fruitful to you.

To amend the file is straightforward, you can make use of resource hacker. Initially take ownership of the original file, be certain to back it up. Install resource hacker, subsequent to it and immediately double click the file you desire to edit, in this case imageres.dll, discover the icon you wish for substituting in icon group and right click on it and swap resource, a dialogue box will be seen then browse to your new-fangled icon with an .ico extension, then click restore. After that go to file, click on save as, save to your desktop, as imageres.dll. Again name the unique and whichever copy to or else shift the modded file to the accurate folder.

In order to clear icon cache, manually rebuild the Icon Cache by means of the Command Prompt in the following way:
    1) Shut and accumulate everything that you are working on. This command will kill explorer and again start the computer when finished.
    2) Go to Start Menu, and enter cmd in the search box and press enter.
    3) Inside the command prompt, Copy and Paste every command line below precisely as is and hit enter subsequent to every command.
    taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
    CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
    DEL IconCache.db /a
    shutdown /r
    4) The IconCache.db file will then be restructured.

Hey dude, I would like to tell you that in case you Google restore icons in imageres.dll you will surely discover a respectable tutorial. In addition Icofx is a superb freeware program to provide you a indication for the icon number. There are more than a few additional icon programs out there. Find the one as per your liking. Resource hacker can be made use of to modify icons in .exe also and do not allow it threaten you, it is not that hard! You will surely be able to manage it.

Hello. I would like to tell you that in order to change, user name profile folder icon, unlock the change Desktop Icon Settings window. Then In the inferior box, click on your User Name folder to emphasize it in blue. Move on to the Change Icon button and click it. Click on the Browse button and find the means to the folder location of where the icon that you desire to utilize for the folder . Finally, choose the icon in the lower window box, and click on OK.

Re: How to change "new folder" icon in windows 7?

Hi. In order to alter or restore the windows 7 desktop icons, you will have to right click on an vacant area of the desktop and click on Personalize. Then Click on the Change desktop icons link which you will be able to observe at the upper left corner. In addition, I would like to tell that if you desire to alter the icon for a desktop icon, then in the center pane, go for a desktop icon which you would like to transform the icon for, and click on the Change Icon button.