Thread: windows 7 64bit - Not able to save files on desktop from internet

windows 7 64bit - Not able to save files on desktop from internet

Hi friends I am using Toshiba laptop in which I am running windows 7. Before that I was using windows vista in my laptop. I am use to download files from internet on my desktop but now I am not able to do this. whenever i try to save any files from internet on my desktop at that time it is not allowing me. In windows vista I was able to do this. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Is there anything wrong with the operating system or I am doing something wrong while downloading file. Please give me some solution to solve this issue. Thank you in advance.

re: windows 7 64bit - Not able to save files on desktop from internet

I understand your problem. As you have said that your having trouble with saving the files on the desktop then I have one solution for you. Whenever you are trying to save any document at that time one dialogue box will open which gives you option to select the folder where you want to save the document. At that time click on the browse and select the desktop. After that whenever you save the file it will be saved on your desktop only. I hope my solution will fix your issue and you will not find any difficulty after that.

Selvaraj-NNoble Guest

First of all I want to know that which browser you are using? If you are unable to save the files on desktop in your current browser then I suggest you to try to save same files by using the different browser. It means if you are using the Internet explorer then switch to Mozilla firefox and then try to save same file. I this trick will solve your problem and you will not find any difficulty after that. Just try this trick and let me know whether it make any difference or not?

If you are using the Mozilla firefox and you are not getting the where to save option then I have one solution for you. First click on the tools and then click on the option in Mozilla Firefox. After that in general tab you will see the one option as ask me where to save files. Just select that option and then click on the ok. Now try to save your file on the desktop by clicking on the save to option after that it will ask you to where to save the files, now select the desktop.

If you don’t want to select the desktop option every time when you download anything then I have one idea to fix your problem. There is one option in Mozilla which allows you to set the download directory for your all the download. In that option click on the browse and select the desktop and then click on the ok. Now whenever you download any files at that time it will save all the files on your desktop only I hope this will be helpful to you and you don’t need to select the folder every time.

After trying all the solution if you are facing the same problem again and you are still unable to download the files on the desktop then I think you should uninstall the current version of browser after doing that download the latest version of the browser which you want to install after that install it in your system. After installing the browser try again to save the files on desktop. Now you will not face any issue with your system. Try this solution and let me know what the result is?