Thread: unable to put back the time on task bar in windows vista

unable to put back the time on task bar in windows vista

I am using computer with 2GB of RAM and 500GB hard disk and have Intel motherboard. I was using windows Xp in my computer and all the things are working fine with my computer after that I have upgraded my operating system with windows vista. After installing the windows vista I am not able to see the time and date in my taskbar. Please tell me how to fix this problem. If anyone have any idea then please tell me what to do. Thank you in advance.

Re: unable to put back the time on task bar in windows vista

I have read your issue and I understand your problem. After reading your post I would like to tell you that install anti virus in your computer and after installing that scan your system completely. Because some time due to viruses this kind of problem takes place in our computer. After doing the virus scan it will remove the entire virus from your system after that you will be able to see the tome on your task bar. So try this solution and fix your problem. I hope you will be able to solve your problem.

If you are not able to see the time on your task bar than you can enable it from your computer setting. To enable the time you need to do following things. First right click on the task bar after that it will open the task bar and start menu properties. In that box you will find the option of show clock. Now select the show clock option. After that click on the ok. Now you will be able to see the clock on the task bar. Try these steps and enable the clock in your computer.

If you are still finding the difficulties even after trying all the solution then I think there is something wrong with your computer motherboard. Basically our computer updates its clock through CMOS battery which is attached with motherboard. If that battery stops working then clock does not update regularly. So I suggest you to remove that battery and insert it again. If same problem is coming again then try to check it by attaching new battery this will mostly solve your problem and you will not face this problem again.

I have read your problem and I suggest you to repair your windows vista and after that you will not face this problem. To repair your windows vista first you need to insert the vista bootable disk in your computer. After that you will get the two options one is for the installing the fresh copy of vista and another is for repairing the windows vista. After repairing is done you will get your clock back and then you will not face any problem with that. I hope these will help you to solve your problem.

After reading your all post I have tried all your solutions. I have tried to enable the clock from taskbar setting and also scan my whole system but none of the tricks worked for me. After that I have also checked CMOS battery in motherboard but it’s all working fine. Repairing the windows vista doesn’t make any difference for me. Now I am very confused about this issue. Please tell me how to get back the clock in my computer. I am very frustrated because of this.

If you are not able to enable the taskbar from the taskbar and start menu properties. If show clock option is disabled in that then I think your taskbar is deleted from your system. Now you have to install the taskbar. First you have to download the taskbar and after that install it your system then restart your computer or laptop whatever it is. After doing that you will not find any problem with your system. I hope my solution will be helpful to you.