Thread: Does the Aero interface of Vista exists in Windows 7

Does the Aero interface of Vista exists in Windows 7

Few months back I had purchased Toshiba laptop which was running Windows Vista OS in it. The Aero interface in Windows Vista is just amazing and I like it a lot. I am planning to upgrade my OS from Windows Vista to Windows 7 OS but I wish to continue using the Aero feature of the Windows Vista in the Windows 7. So I wanted to know whether the Aero interface is made available in the Windows 7 OS or not. If anyone can provide me with the necessary help, then it will be very helpful of you guys.

Re: Does the Aero interface of Vista exists in Windows 7

Yes, it is definitely possible to enjoy the Aero interface of Windows Vista in Windows 7 OS. Windows have made sure that the Aero remains unchanged in Windows 7 from its earlier counterpart i.e. Windows Vista. So if it has worked for Windows Vista then it will also work for Windows 7 OS. Aero has got the same requirements on Windows 7 as in case with the Windows 7. Make sure that you keep your system updated by installing all the necessary drivers.

Hey thank you, dude for your quick reply over my problem. It was very kind of you to try helping me out to get my problem solved. So now as I know that I will be able to enjoy the Aero interface of Windows Vista in Windows 7, I installed Windows 7 in my system. But unfortunately I was unable to find out Aero, which you recommended will be existing along with the Windows 7 OS. What could possibly the problem? Do I need to do anything special to activate Aero. If yes Then what can I do? Please help me. Your help will be appreciated.

I would suggest you to uninstall the current OS, the Windows 7 and try to install a clean Setup of Windows 7 in your Toshiba laptop. There must have been some issue while you upgraded your system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Install Windows 7 from original windows 7 CD. This would make sure that you install all the features which were integrated along with the windows 7. Also make sure that once you have installed the new Windows 7, don’t forget to install all the necessary drivers for your Toshiba laptop. Restart your system once you have performed these few steps.

Many a time Aero interface is not enabled in your system if certain requirements are not met by the system. Normally the computer’s Graphics card satisfies all the minimum requirements to run Windows Aero. The requirements are similar to the requirements which were needed for Windows Vista system. The requirements are: 1GHz 32-bit bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1GB Physical memory (RAM), minimum of 128 MB Graphics card. Also remember to install Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver in your system. Once you have fulfilled the following specifications, Windows 7 will automatically run Aero.

It is possible that Windows Aero is not turning on or is not enabling itself because it is not able to meet certain requirement. If the graphics card driver i.e. video driver is not installed in your laptop or if Aero is unable to find this driver at the time of installation, then the Aero effect won’t be able to enable it. So make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers as well have kept them updated. Once you have met this need, reinstall the Aero effect and check if your problem is solved or not.

The Aero interface of Windows 7 might not be missing, but it might not be enabled. You need to turn it on or enable it. Follow the below steps to enable Aero interface in your Windows 7:
    • Click on Windows Orb/Start menu.
    • Type Aero in the Search box and select “Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” option under Control Panel.
    • Now “Aero – Troubleshoot computer problems” setup dialog box will appear. Click on Next
    • This will allow the troubleshooting wizard to scan your entire system by running a series of checks and detect any problems. In the end of the process, the wizard will try to solve the problems which are related to the Aero service and will restart the Aero feature.