Thread: How to Change the desktop Background in Win7 that has been locked by domin controller

question How to Change the desktop Background in Win7 that has been locked by domin controller

The desktop background has been locked my domin controller. Pls help me to unlock the desktop background.
    thanks in advance.

Re: How to Change the desktop Background in Win7 that has been locked by domin controller

Do you alter the Desktop Background using group policy to a Slide Show background? If so, it is not possible. I can just organize a simple background for client computers. All Aero features are at a standstill obtainable if you configure the desktop background from Registry. You can straight set the background via Registry. Just necessitate running the below command via startup script. reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Wallpaper /t REG_DWORD /d [the location of the background picture] /f

Re: How to Change the desktop Background in Win7 that has been locked by domin controller

Quote Originally Posted by Zavier View Post
    Do you alter the Desktop Background using group policy to a Slide Show background? If so, it is not possible. I can just organize a simple background for client computers. All Aero features are at a standstill obtainable if you configure the desktop background from Registry. You can straight set the background via Registry. Just necessitate running the below command via startup script. reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Wallpaper /t REG_DWORD /d [the location of the background picture] /f
    Thnx for the reply dude.

But the problem is My Desktop Background locked by the Domain Controller. I want to release that and add my favorite one. please help. WIN 7 OS.
    Thanks in advance.

• Run RSOP.MSC on client, make sure the wallpaper policy was applied.
    • If the policy was applied, check the permission of the wallpaper folder.
    • check whether you can manually set the wallpaper?

Thankx Philibert.

I cant able to edit the wallpaper address text box.. help me
    Last edited by digitalsuni; 09-05-2011 at 06:14 PM.