Thread: How to change photos in folder into thumbnails

How to change photos in folder into thumbnails

Hey guys I am using Dell Studio which is running Windows 7 operating System. I am having this small doubt. Hope to get a proper solution for it. I have many pictures in my image folders and some of the images are shown as complete pictures and some won’t. So I want to change them into thumbnails. I want to show the entire page of pictures and not just the folders that have to be opened one by one. Does anyone know what possible thing I can do to make this happen? Please help me by giving your precious suggestions to me.

Re: How to change photos in folder into thumbnails

It is possible to convert photographs into thumbnails. But this can be made possible only after you use some third-party software. This would possibly make the web pages load faster. While you create a thumbnail, the large size image is resized to a smaller one. You can use editor softwares to create thumbnails. Few third party software like Fireworks, Paint Store Pro or Photoshop can be used to perform the following action of making thumbnails from pictures.

You can change the way your image files look like by performing the following action:
    • Right click on the start button on the bottom of the screen
    • Click on Explore.
    • Go to: the folder where you have stored your images and click on view. You can find it in the menu on top of screen.
    • There you can find the options, how you wish to display the files inside that particular folder.
    • You can select any options like thumbnails, tiles, Icons, lists and details.
    • Select Thumbnails and you will see the changes in your images.

You can search for any of the following third party software and download any of it and install it in your system. They all can help you solve your problem.
    • Ulead Photo Explorer
    • Corel Photo Album 7
    • ACDSee
    • CompuPic
    • Imatch

I am using ThumbPlus to change Pictures into thumbnails. It has got the ability to create custom databases, edit graphics and perform sorting of thumbnails. It also have nice collection of tools which can be used to edit photos. It is very easy to use and is itegrated with many editing and sharing features. Other software which I used is PicaJet FX. This software mainly concentrates on organization of photos. It has got less photo editing tools then other softwares of similar type but it is more flexible and efficient to use. You can easily share your pictures using this application as it has got free Fotki and Flickr plug-ins which are integrated within the process of photo Management. It can efficiently manage thousands of photos.

Hey people thank you so much for those very helpful replies. They were so quick and exactly what I was looking for all these days. All these application softwares are free and the download files are also small, so I had downloaded almost all which you guys mentioned. Now will use them all one after other and will decide which is perfect according to my usage and requirement. Anyways once again, thank you a lot. I must say, you guys are doing amazing work of helping the needy people like me.