Thread: How to get back the missing taskbar on top of the screen in windows 7

How to get back the missing taskbar on top of the screen in windows 7

Hi I am running Windows 7 in my Dell laptop. I am a newbie so I don’t know all the technical names. So please cooperate with me. I was having taskbar like thing on top of my screen. It was visible till yesterday. But when I started my laptop today, I was not able to find it. It was missing from my desktop screen. Does anyone know what would be the reason behind this unusual behavior with my laptop? Please help me with your suggestions. Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to get back the missing taskbar on top of the screen in windows 7

As you said the problem started from today morning itself and you were not facing it before, so I assume that your system might have got infected with some malicious germs or viruses. It might be possible that those viruses must have caused your taskbar to go missing. So I would recommend you to perform complete scan of your computer and delete the viruses if detected. And always remember to keep your antivirus updated as that will ensure that your system is kept protected from new viruses. Also make it a habit to perform system scanning every now and then.

Thank you, dude for your quick reply. It was very kind of your to try helping me solve my problem, but sorry to say, it did not helped me. I have already performed system scanning many times and luckily did not detect any virus or any other malicious germs in my system. Also my antivirus is always updates as my laptop is always connected to Internet and I have kept Auto-update ON. Still, thank you for your concern. If anyone has got any more suggestion please post them. It might prove to be helpful to me.

The missing toolbar you mentioned is provided by the PC manufacturer. So as you are using Dell laptop you must be having Dell Dock running on your system, which is the “taskbar” you mentioned on top of the Windows 7 screen. So as you are using Dell laptop, go to Start button on the bottom left side of the taskbar and type Dell into the Search text box. You will be getting suggestion of Dell Dock link in the search results. Click on it to activate the Dell Dock.

You might be talking about the Dell Dock which is placed on top of the screen in Windows 7. You can search for the same on internet and download it from internet either from any trustable site or from the official website of Dell (it will be the safest option) or you can copy it from any other Dell Windows 7 running computer/laptop. I am not sure whether copying the Dell Dock from someone else Dell laptop will work for you but you can give it a try.

First of all, sorry for not providing you the exact technical term for that toolbar. Yes I was talking about the Dell Dock only. And your suggestions were very helpful in getting back the Dell Dock in my Dell laptop. I searched for it on the Search bar as you asked me to and I found it out in my system itself. It was just disabled. So I enabled it back and now luckily got it back on the home screen wallpaper of my Dell laptop. I was planning to visit the Dell Care Center to solve this issue. But your suggestions helped me on time and luckily I did not have to waste my time by visit the Dell technical staff.