Thread: How to include shortcuts to the taskbar in Windows 7

How to include shortcuts to the taskbar in Windows 7

Hi I am running Windows 7 in my Sony laptop. I am a newbie to the computers so please don’t mind answering my stupid and simple questions. I wanted to know how I can add shortcuts in the desktop of my laptop to the taskbar in the lower side of the screen in Windows 7. Does anyone know how I can solve the above asked query? Please feel free to give me your suggestions. Your suggestions will always be appreciated. Thanks in advance for everyone who will be making an attempt to help me.

Re: How to include shortcuts to the taskbar in Windows 7

The process of including any icons on the desktop of your system to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen is very simple.
    • You just have to make sure all the applications whose shortcut you want to include or pin to the taskbar must be present in your desktop.
    • Now, right-click on the shortcut icon of the application which is on the desktop screen
    • Right-click drop down list will appear.
    • Select the 'Pin to taskbar' option.

Perform the below steps:
    1. Right click on the taskbar.
    2. From the right-click menu, go to the toolbars option
    3. Now from the list of options, check (tick) the desktop option.
    4. You will be able to see shortcut link “desktop” on the taskbar. It consists of all the desktop icons on the taskbar.
    5. Now if you wish to hide the desktop icons from the desktop screen, you just have to right-click on the desktop and select hide all desktop icons option from the list of options.

You can also include desktop icons in the taskbar by just performing the drag and drop method. You just have to drag the icons you wish to include in the taskbar from your desktop and drop them on the taskbar. This method will automatically add the application icons shortcuts to the taskbar of your Windows 7. You need to activate the “Quick Launch” option to make those dragged icon look. You can do that by simply navigating to the following path: right click on the taskbar > toolbars > Quick Launch.

You can also use third party softwares to perform the task of adding shortcuts of desktop icons to the taskbar. You should probably search for “Taskbar Overlord” on internet and download it in your system. Install the application in your system and launch it after you are done installing it. It will solve your problem as well as provide you more feature of the taskbar. It is free software for windows 7 operating system. Task Overlord has always done the trick for me.

Thank you, everyone for giving me the exact guidance that I was looking for to solve the problem. The solution was so simple and I was panicking for no reason. The drag and drop method seems to be the easiest and the best option to add shortcut of any desktop icons on the taskbar in Windows 7. Still I haven’t tried the Taskbar Overlord software but on searching about it on Internet I came to know that it has done the trick for many Windows 7 users. So probably it might be working. Anyways once again thanks for showing your concern towards my matter.