Thread: How to create and add Aero Flip 3D button in 64-bit Windows 7 Task Bar

How to create and add Aero Flip 3D button in 64-bit Windows 7 Task Bar

Recently I saw videos of Aero Flip 3D on Internet and was amazed to see that. From then I decided that I will also get it in my Dell laptop which is running 64-bit version of Windows 7 Operating System in it. I just upgraded from Windows Vista and wish to duplicate my Vista Business Task Bar in my current Windows 7 Professional OS. So I wanted to know more about the Aero Flip 3D and how can I create a button or a shortcut of it. If anyone has got a solution for this problem then please come forward with your suggestions and help me.

Re: How to create and add Aero Flip 3D button in 64-bit Windows 7 Task Bar

Aero Flip 3D is the newest feature added to the Aero experience. Using Aero Flip 3D makes it possible for the user to have a quick preview of all the windows which are currently open. You can perform this without even clicking on the taskbar. The Aero Flip 3D will display all the open windows in a form of stack. You just have to flip or rotate the stack to view the window on top of the stack. The property is almost similar to what happens when we press the ALT + TAB. But with the Aero Flip 3D, the same function becomes more attractive and interesting to the users.

Creating a shortcut for Aero Flip 3D on your Desktop and then adding it to the taskbar in Windows 7 is a very simple task which requires the following few steps:
    • Minimize all the possible program windows and Right click on desktop of your system.
    • Select “New” option from the right-click menu and then click on "Shortcut".
    • In the location field of the Shortcut window, you should type %WINDIR%\System32\rundll32.exe dwmapi #105
    • Press the “Next” button and then write Window Switcher for the shortcut name on the text field and finally click on the Finish button to complete the task.
    • You will find the new shortcut with the name “Window Switcher” on your desktop window.
    • Drag the Window Switcher shortcut to any taskbar of your choice.

Switching the open windows by using Aero Flip 3D is very simple and it is very much similar to the earlier way of switching between different windows by pressing ALT+TAB key.
    1. In the Aero Flip 3D you can switch between windows by Pressing the CTRL + WINDOWS key +TAB.
    2. Use the Tab key to switch through the windows. You can also use Right or Down Arrow or Down Arrow to move to window one forward to the present window, or press Left Arrow or Up Arrow to move to window one backward to the present window.
    3. To display a window, just click on the window in the stack. And if you don’t wish to switch windows and want to close the Flip 3D just click outside. If you are provided with wheel on your mouse, it can also be used to go through the open windows quickly.

Thank you to everyone who made efforts to help me by replying to my thread. It feels really great to know that still there are so many good peoples around who are ready to help strangers like me. It was so kind of you to do so. Your solutions were really helpful and were exactly as I was looking for. But now I wanted one more favor. The shortcut icon in the desktop looks a bit ugly to me, so I wanted to change the way the icon looks. Is it possible to do so? How can I do so? Please help me. Your suggestions were always appreciated.

You can change the icon of any shortcut. Do the following to change the icon of the Window Switcher which you have created above:
    Right click on the Window Switcher shortcut and select the Properties option.
    Now in the Properties windows, click the "Change Icon" button.
    Type the following code in the "Look for icons in this file" field type: %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\imageres.dll,
    • Once you have written the above code, select the icon which you wish to choose for your and then press the Enter key.
    • Click on the OK button to dismiss the properties dialog.
    • You can now use this shortcut on any taskbar by dragging the Window Switcher shortcut icon onto the taskbar.