Thread: In Windows 7 sidebar giving error like White little box with "<“

In Windows 7 sidebar giving error like White little box with "<“

I am using windows 7 on mine system and everything on the system works perfectly without any issue. Last night I have updated mine windows 7 without any issue. After updating I have restarted mine system and after that my sidebar that gives me a strange looking box instead of my gadget. I have tried to solve this issue myself but I won’t get the any solution. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: In Windows 7 sidebar giving error like White little box with "<“

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow the below steps: first make right click on the desktop and after that make hit on the gadget. Now on the gadget make right click and after that hit on the uninstall. Now once you finish the uninstall go to the start and after that make hit on the control panel. Now on the control panel make select on the search text box and after that type restore Gadgets. Now on the result make hit on the Restore desktop gadgets installed with Windows. Now once you finish this go through your issue.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I would like to suggest you the following steps: make hit on the start button and after that go to the computer. Now on the computer go to the driver where you installed the operating system (mine is c drive). Now under that go to the following location: C:\Users\Old_Username. Now here select the all files except following:
    Ntuser.dat
    Ntuser.dat.log
    Ntuser.ini

And then copy the all files. Now once you finish this go to the following location: C:\Users\New_Username and after that here paste the all file that are copied from the Old_Username. And after that restart your system and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system file checker and so that you can solve your issue. to do this follow the below steps: make select on the start button and after that go to the run. Now on the run program type cmd and then make click on the ok button. After that you will get the command prompt. Now under that type the following and then hit enter key.
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

In my opinion you need to perform the some scanning for the virus and so that you can solve your issue. to do this you need to have antivirus. If you have antivirus then make scanning and then go through your issue. if you don’t have the antivirus then you go through some official website and after that make online scanning for your system once you done then restart your system and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.