Thread: How to turn off auto screen resolution

How to turn off auto screen resolution

I have PC on my home theater system which is connected through HDMI to an AMP then to a TV all along with HDMI. A number of times when I turn the whole thing on the computer. And it does not go back until a bit triggers a new resolution, like starting Windows Media center and it goes back resolution. I guess when I start up the AMP it cannot recognize the device so I goes to a default resolution. So if you guys have any solution so please help me.

Re: How to turn off auto screen resolution

Actually I am also going through the same issue and in my case I have searched a lot but unable to get any solution for my issue. Over here I also just want to know that did you ever figure out how to make this work? And in this I have just setup an htpc but no solution for my query. If you guys know solution then please help me.

I have checked this and in this I have seen that and I am not able to get for a long time on my HTPC. And in this I think that it will automatically get fixed. And in this I think that this issue will get resolved after updating driver or may be windows update. So just to get rid from this I think I will go for the update and if this will going to help me in my case so I will inform you guys. And sorry I do not have more information about the same.

Since Monday, I received my new screen 23 "with the new technology of the smallest pixel size that is 2048 x 1152 instead of 1920 x 1080 with old technology. But every time Windows starts, it does not count the number of pixels but it detects the size of my screen and it automatically puts in 1920 x 1080 and not 2048 x 1152. You can see it a little fuzzy with 1920 x 1080. I am obliged to deliver in 2048 x 1152 each time. How to force to use the resolution 2048 x 1152 every Windows startup without detecting the size of my screen? I do not find in the display options. I wait for your responses.

Well, I found the nVIDIA settings that can block the resolution on every startup. By cons, if one day, a computer with Intel GMA integrated, how to block the resolution at each boot? I still cannot find the settings in Windows. And I am also looking for the solution if you guys have any. And for getting the setting I have tried to read many forums site but unable to get proper solution for my query.

aditya123 Guest

Hi'
    Adjusting the screen resolution setting may be necessary to resolve issues with the display size on monitors and other output devices like projectors.

Thanks