Thread: How to remove new library button from library toolbar in windows 7

How to remove new library button from library toolbar in windows 7

Hi. We are having a business firm and have some settings in the library toolbar which does not allow the employees to add files to their user profile. But due to some reasons the settings is not working. Now, in the document library we wish to disable the new button so that the user will only be able to upload the documents. We don’t know remove or in that case hide the new library button. Please suggest how to do that as it is very important . Thanks in advance.

Re: How to remove new library button from library toolbar in windows 7

Hi. I have a solution but you will have to change the base java script for that and also may require to change some other code. If you do not have the content types enabled then go to document settings and in that select advanced settings, then select remove the template url. When it gives you the option to display a new folder then select no. Doing the above process in a systematic way will definitely hide the new library button and users will be prevented from what you aim .

I don’t agree to the above reply because making changes to the java script files inside the file system is not a very good option according to me. It may not be able to solve the issue and it may create more problems. Hence , my suggestion is to render templates in a technical way and that will change the
    Page design of the library. Thus , you may need to investigate rendering templates in the process. Its upon you what you want to follow among the given solutions.

You can achieve your aim by making use of toolbar manager web part. For that, when you view a web page, add the web part for each and every view. Thus, without bringing java scripts into the picture you can hide the new library button. Thus it is not a complicated solution at all as compared to the previous ones and I hope you will be able to manage it and do it and thus get your work done. Also, keep in mind for knowledge, if there is no non hidden content types in the list then the new library button will mechanically not appear only.

Hi. I would like to continue to the above reply as I am really impressed with the solution. Its just an extension and will guide you if in any case you are stuck up somewhere. It may happen that some of the users will be needing menu items, then give them the liability to add their personal views. By doing that, the web part would not be installed by default. Also, you would be required not to allow any private views for the users. Thus, I hope my views may guide you in a proper direction if needed. Thanks.