Thread: Microsoft Outlook Express Icon is missing from taskbar

Microsoft Outlook Express Icon is missing from taskbar

Guys I have had installed this Microsoft Outlook Express so as to enjoy the sending and the receiving of the emails directly at a quick time without opening the other email client I had this Outlook Express icon directly on the taskbar such that I would be able to get it access at any time on a single click but since last couple of days I have found that the icon have gone missing and so it takes a really long time for me to go to the C drive and access the outlook so can someone help me to know that from where I will be able to get the icon again back on the taskbar.

Re: Microsoft Outlook Express Icon is missing from taskbar

Dude it is quite simple you will be able to get the icon of the outlook on the task bar, for that you will have to right click on the taskbar and then you will have to go to properties and from there you will have to check the hide inactive icons, on clicking that you will be able to get the customize button to enable and from there you will be able to select the items that you would want on your taskbar, so please follow this and see if you can get or not.

Hey you can also create a shortcut from the C drive directly for this Outlook Express, for this you will have to go to the C drive and look for the original icon for the Outlook and right click on the same and click on the shortcut, now paste this icon on the desktop as a shortcut and from there you will be able to get the outlook to open easily without taking the long cut.

Hey if you are still not able to get the icon on the taskbar then what I would want you to do is that you must reinstall the outlook express again and then see during the time of the installation it will prompt you whether or not you want to create a icon of the same on the taskbar as well so check the tick box over there and from that you will be able to get the icon after the complete installation is done.

You can even drag drop the file that you have got on the desktop that is the shortcut icon to access the Outlook Express and drop it on the task bar below after this you will get the icon for the outlook on the taskbar easily after that. I think that this would be the best and the easiest solutions to get the icon directly onto the dtaskbar.