Thread: Desktop icon gone missing in taskbar

Desktop icon gone missing in taskbar

Guys previously I had the desktop icon on my task bar through which I would be able to see the desktop with just a single click when I had a lot of windows open on my desktop. But now suddenly I have come to know that the desktop icon has gone missing that is I am not able to find that icon on the taskbar as I would before, so I would want you guys to help me out so as to get the desktop icon back on the taskbar.

Re: Desktop icon gone missing in taskbar

Hey this is quite simple even a child of 9 to 10 years might know how to get the desktop icons on your taskbar, to this you will have to just right click on the taskbar and from there you will have to select the toolbar arrow and will have to select the Desktop icon that is there, this will have a right click on you’re the desktop icon and you will get the desktop icon on the taskbar so as to view what is there on the desktop at a single click.

You can even make use of this method so as to get the desktop icon on your taskbar if you want, for this you will have to Open notepad to a blank text document and will have to write the following command onto it:

• [Shell]
    • Command=2
    • IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    • [Taskbar]
    • Command=ToggleDesktop

After this you will have to Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the Quick Launch
    Toolbar and you will get the desktop icon on your taskbar.

I really don’t know whether this is really a nice place to post my query or not, but then also I might expect some solutions for the same I would want to know that how will I be able to get the icon of my choice on the taskbar since I don’t like it to have it there on the desktop, I would want to know that how will I get the icon of the vlc player on the taskbar so that I can get the player to open at a single click, so can anyone help me to know that how will I be able to do this.

Dude this is also very simple, you will just have to right click on the taskbar that is located at the bottom and click on properties, after that you will have get a window for the task bar properties and on the lower box you will have to click on the checkbox of the Hide Inactive icons and as soon as you click on it you will get the customize icon to get enabled. Click on it and chose which ever programs that you would want on your taskbar.