Thread: Dell U3011 unable to run in Custom Color mode

Dell U3011 unable to run in Custom Color mode

I just purchased a new Dell U3011. Once I got that I switched the mode to Custom Color and then the problem just started. The screen only showed blue colors .Further I made an online research and that has shown that this is an issue with the monitor. I tried switching to different modes and they came back to the Custom Color and it still showing only blue colors. I then turned the monitor off but that didn’t resolve the issue. So if anyone suffering from same issue and know the solution then please get back to me.

Re: Dell U3011 unable to run in Custom Color mode

I just had a look at your issue and think that there may be some problem with the monitor itself. The reason is that you tried switching on to different modes but still it gives you the same error. Also you say that the online research also suggests the same. So probably the only solution to this is that you need to switch to a new monitor. I would think that it is the best solution that you can use. Also just want to ask you that how many of the monitor ports have this issue?

Thank you for your prompt reply. I would tell you that I have only tried the display port until now. But for me it looks like it's an irregular problem and it does not occur all the time. Also I would tell you that it had occurred twice already and the only thing that makes it go away is completely removing the power cord out of the back of the monitor. I have also tried a different display port cable and that doesn't seem to clear the issue either. So I have used this same port with no problems with other monitors.

Even I had a similar issue and I also noticed something else. What I had noticed was that I kept my system off for several hours and then turned it on. So while doing that everything was just fine but when I tried to switch to the Custom Preset and the screen just came up black. Then I just tried all the other presets and the picture appeared. So then I thought that the only solution to get the custom preset to display a picture was by removing the power cord to cycle the power. But even that didn’t work for me properly. The screen is either of a single color or is completely blacked out.

I am suffering with the same issue. Even I have a totally black screen in Custom mode and after that I have reset to factory. Resetting to factory setting is not a feasible solution as far as I am concerned. So I would tell all those who are suffering from same issue to not use the reset to factory settings option. This is because resetting to factory settings negates one selling point in this monitor which is fully adjusted while coming out of a factory. So I would suggest you not to go for this option at all.