Thread: How to undo magnification of monitor screen

How to undo magnification of monitor screen

Hi, I am using windows on my system. And today morning I landed up into this problem. Accidentally I hit some random keys on my laptop and the screen went black. It took few seconds to light up again. But to my surprise everything it displayed was magnified. Web pages, toolbars, the desktop, icons everything. I think I accidentally hit some sort of hot key command that resizes how everything is displayed. This is really irritating my eyes and I would like to resolve it as soon as possible. Please help.

Re: How to undo magnification of monitor screen

I am not sure but I would suggest you to use the hotkey Ctrl – or +. It rearranges the size of the content. Or I would suggest you to do the system restore. System restore will roll back your entire system to any saved past instance (settings in non technical words). You can do the system restore by navigating to the following path: Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System restore. Choose the date to which you wish to roll back. Restart the system when prompted. Hope it helps you.

Ctrl - or + only changes the size of the content and border of the web browser window (all toolbars and search bars will remain the same). I would suggest you to navigate to the following path: Click Start >> Control panel >> Display >> Settings. Now check your screen resolution. It should be set to 1024x768. It is actually the lowest accepted standard for viewing content. If you are running the system at 800 x 600, you will have visual problems displaying content and it would appear to be magnified. If you change it up a notch to 1024 x 768, that should do the trick.

You can use the built-in Magnifier that works much like a magnifying glass does. Go to Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Accessibility --> Magnifier and try the different setting but remember to set you screen resolution to 1204X768. When the resolution is at 800 x 600 everything on the screen looks to be magnified. You can adjust the Magnifier zoom level and focus wherever you want to. You can increase the default size of text and other items, such as icons and mouse pointers, by increasing the dots per inch (DPI) scale.

Icons and other items look smaller, clear and more sharper when seen in high resolutions. As they look smaller, more icons can be fitted on the same screen. Whereas the same icons and items appear to be larger but easier to see when we set the resolution low.Whichever version of Windows you use, changing the screen resolution can make a big difference. For Windows XP you can do the following to change the resolution: Right click on your computer screen--> select Properties--> select Setting--> slide the slider to 1204X768 and select 32bits. In Vista go to START --> CONTROL PANEL --> APPEARANCE AND PERSONALIZATION --> "Adjust screen resolution". There use the slider bar to set the resolution to the default (best resolution) for your system.