Thread: Linux mint: Mint-X-Metal and Shiki-Wise hybrid theme

Linux mint: Mint-X-Metal and Shiki-Wise hybrid theme

I have improved to Linux Mint 10 and I like the symbol set that arrives with the default X-Metal theme, however I favored the colors in the old Shiki-Wise theme. Jumbling around with the colors in the Mint-X-Metal theme has just caused me plenty of aggravation. I cannot get what I wish. After that I thought, it must be probable to swap the icons in the Shiki-Wise theme with those from Mint-X-Metal and sprint Shiki-Wise, but I cannot fairly understand where they are all concealed. Can anyone help?

Re: Linux mint: Mint-X-Metal and Shiki-Wise hybrid theme

Depart to menu- preferences- appearance. I not remember if the shiki themes setup, but if not you can install them from synaptic, they as well are in Software manager that is: shiki- colors will provide them every. Choose the shiki theme you wish, after that hit customize, choose the Mint-X symbols. The Dark will seem superior, but attempt them out. That should do it. I have the same opinion, it is the similar setup I have. If you wish to attempt some other comparable icons seem for any FAENZA icons.

Speaking of which, how do I obtain the mint Menu pane, is it described taskbar or gnome panel? To go back to black to bout the title bar if I select Shiki-Wise as a theme? I appear to have elapsed the setting. The amusing thing is: I have 3 computers.
    1. PC 1: I dist-improved Mint 9 to Mint 10. It contained the Mint 10 mint Menu pane color.
    2. PC 2: Clean Mint 10, Shiki-Wise theme. It contained the Mint 10 mint Menu pane color.
    3. PC 3: I dist-improved Mint 9 to Mint 10. It contained the Mint 9 mint Menu pane color

The panel will default to utilize the system theme you pick. If shiki, it is dark, type of a dark brown. If you right click on the pane and select properties- background. You will observe your choices: "NONE" utilize system theme is default. You can select your personal color, and clearness. This does not all the time work flawlessly. I select transparent but a few of the panel items still showed a colored background. You have to play around with things to obtain what you wish for.

This works immense if you wish the green theme. I am not a big fan of green, but I like the button style and symbols in Mint 10. If I choose Shiki-Brave, and attempt to combine in any elements of Mint 10, I finish up with green elements which just don't seem fine with my good blues. Does anybody know of a theme which is indistinguishable to Mint 10, but in blue? Or is there a method I can modify these elements extra selectively than the Appearance tool will permit?

I am greatly a newbie as well, survived on Linux about 2 months. I have ample of time on my hands to play around with my novel Linux applications and all. I know just sufficient to be unsafe, but have not busted anything seriously up till now. I expend plenty of time regulation the come across of the desktop and themes. The colander is not in the Linux mint repositories, but I installed the deb straight from the website. The Beta edition is the just one to work correctly in Mint 10. The base section is Docky and it is in software manager, and synaptic.