Thread: Opacity of all windows

Opacity of all windows

I just wanted to know if there can be an opacity allotted to all the WINDOWS here. I want to have the opacity to be set for windows or Firefox or text editor here. I do not know if there can be any other way for this. Will I have to make use of the compizconfig there? Please let me know if there can be any solution in the case here. I am not that old with the LINUX environment here but will really like to know if there is any solution to the case of mine here.

Re: Opacity of all windows

Well there must be definitely some other way of doing the things here. I do not think that you will be required to go with the compizconfig there. The things is that if you will go with this thing there then you will have to make use of the Keyboard always to make the necessary changes in the Opacity there. It will always get launched with the 100 percent Opacity and then you will have to use the key board to decrease it there. Will let you know the other way soon.

It is really simple. All you have to do under the Opacity Tab you will have to make a click there. After that beneath the Option you will have to see for the Window specific settings in the Drop Down Box there. There you will be required to create a new class there so that the desired thing can be obtained. For example if you want to make Opacity for the Firefox then you will be required to make the class as class=Firefox and then set the level of Opacity to the level that you actually want to have there. Hope that this will really fetch you the desired thing there.

Well you have really got something to start with here and in addition to that let me tell you that you will be required to see that you always set the value of the Opacity more then 0; for sure. As in my case as I was doing this I had missed on the attribute and did not set the value there. I had set the value as class= and after that I missed everything. So please make sure that you do not leave the value for the class there as blank or 0.

It was really a good point that you have made here mate. Even I had forgot the same and had to do the things all again there. I made use of the Safe Mode and I had all the things recovered back from there. Please while going with the steps make sure that you do not go with typing the value there. Instead if you want you can make use of the plus sign that is placed beside this option there. You can make use of this option there and see if you do not miss on anything there.

You can definitely use the CompizConfig Settings Manager so that you can be assisted in a better manner here. Foe setting the values you will be required to edit some of the options there. You will be required to RUN ccsm command there. After that you will be required to click on the General Options there. You will be able to see the Option in the top-left corner of the list of plugins. From here you will be required to navigate to the Opacity Settings tab. Place the items for which you want to set Opacity and place the value simultaneously for the same there.