Thread: Blurry Desktop on Linux Mint

Blurry Desktop on Linux Mint

This is really the weirdest error that I have come across here. I have seen that on the Computer Screen that I have here the Screen has lost the color or let me say that I have seen that DESKTOP has discolored. Well this was on the first note but after some time the color was back but after that I have seen that the pixels at the top of my desktop have been seen missing there. I really do not know what can be done here. On the desktop that I have Windows I had seen the issue but on this system where I have LINUX MINT running here I have seen the issue for the very first time. Will be really happy to know if there can be any solution in this matter there. I am using easystroke and compiz grid and can they be the issue for this here.

Re: Blurry Desktop on Linux Mint

Well on the first instance let me tell you that there is nothing that LINUX MINT has made anything untidy there. In case of the Windows as well the issue is not because of the operating system but the issue that you are asking can be because of the Hardware. There must be some issue with the Motherboard or the Graphic Card and hence you might be getting the issue there. So in order to overcome the issue it will be simply great if you can make a check on this and see if there is really some issue with the Graphic card there in your case.

I am of the opinion that you must have installed some of the packages or some of the weird updates or it may be like that you must have installed the things but you must have not made use of the same and hence you are getting the issue. It will be nice if you can just make the installation of the things again and then have the system to reboot and then see if that solves the issue that you have here. If you must have installed the compiz grid plugins lately then it will be great if you can have it reinstalled and see if this solves the issue of yours here.

I am also of the same opinion and hence would like you to see for the steps below and let me know if this issue was solved with this there. On the login screen that you get there; you will have to make a click on the username and after that a window will pop up that will say to enter the password there. Just before making an entry there you will have to see at the Taskbar and then see for the session menu there. You will have to select the failsafe Gnome and then enter the correct password and get yourself logged in. After that you will see the terminal getting open; type the following command there: mv ~/.gconf/apps/compiz ~/compizsettingsbackup and hit the Enter key and after that type exit and let the system get reboot there. Hope that this will reset compiz to its default setting and it will serve you handsomely there. Please make a backup of settings in the Home Folder so that if something goes wrong you will have the things with you in proper manner.

Please me know how old is the PC of yours. Well if it is old then and you are sure that there is no issue because of the packages or any other installation procedure then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can go with the replacement of the parts. Getting the Monitor Discolored and loosing the pixels multiple times means the end of the component. It will be great if you can just have the parts replaced. Please move with this step only if all the above solutions that has been provided above does not go in your way. Let me get notified about the result there.

Looking at the case let me tell you that you will not be required to search a lot for the issue. Just check the DRIVERS on the system and then make a check on the settings of the Monitor there and see if you can at all find anything from there. Try resetting your screen. Check for the Auto Adjustment of your Monitor screen and see if that can solve the issue. Please make use of the auto adjustment and see if you can overcome the issue. Latest models of the Computer Screen or Monitor have this feature hope that you have it there. Really there is nothing that Linux Mint or easystroke or compiz grid must have done wrong here. Please make a check on the things that I have listed above and let me know if that really worked in your case.