Thread: Eye of Gnome turn around (Rotate) Without Save

Eye of Gnome turn around (Rotate) Without Save

Hi everyone, I am using the Linux mint on my system. I installed the Gnome application on to it. At initial stage I was wondering why the Eye of gnome does request if I required saving subsequent to just browsing through several photos, however then I shaped out it's when I turn around a photo. Is there a method to create Eye of gnome not ask that query? Also If I desire to alter my photos in several way I'll employ The Gimp. Any help.

Re: Eye of Gnome turn around (Rotate) Without Save

As per me it is the EOG's default actions. There's no setting wherever in EOG that will permit you to rotate but not harass to save the modification. If the images were taken by a digital camera which saves the orientation small piece in the picture's metadata, EOG must be capable to mechanically turn around the image for you. These actions can be distorted within the preferences settings (Automatic Orientation check box). Or else, you're SOL as well as you'll just have to contract with it. If you are going to turn around the image in EOG to proper its orientation anyhow in the initial place, then why would you desire to go through the problem of using the rotation purpose in the Gimp?

EOG previously gives you that functionality from inside the viewer by itself. I'd appreciate that if you require to accurately rotating images in 1-degree increases. You can perform that in the Gimp. Other than for those straightforward orientation alterations, EOG will be sufficient. Also note that you can mass-rotate/mass-change-resolution numerous pictures within a folder by means of right-click if you include the nautilus-image-converter package installed within it.

It entirely depends on the type of the file format. By character JPG is a loss format to start on with, as a result expect several shape of loss. Nevertheless minute it is, consistently a JPG file gets saved. In contrast that to, BMP file format or TIFs, if I’m not wrong. Nevertheless, to reply your query on a fewer technical point, I don't observe any major file size modifications or else image quality while I force-correct the direction of JPGs in EOG. Though, by means of nautilus-image-converter to mass rotate JPGs do have an effect on the file size of the resultant pictures. consequently utilize it with care.

I am a photographer and perform a lot of rotation of pictures with Gnome Eye. I would akin you to put in to it so as to I would discover it the mainly instinctive if it would the entire time auto save without asking all the moment. I would suggest you to rather create an 'auto save rotation' by default, which you might disable in the preference menu or so. If it did not saved by default by it then the condition I think that the picture file format is not supported by that.