Thread: Windows 7: Cannot Add Gadgets

Windows 7: Cannot Add Gadgets

Just unexpectedly my clock gadget gone or disappeared, after that while I attempted to insert it back by right clicking on the desktop and choosing gadgets, gadgets won’t open. I attempted going into control panel and tried releasing gadgets there, but it won’t open. So here I don’t know what to do or how to solve this issue? Is anyone is here who have the similar issue or anyone knows the solution for this problem? If anyone has any detail or any solution regarding my issue then please provide.

Re: Windows 7: Cannot Add Gadgets

I recommend rebooting your system and trying it another time. If that not succeed attempt by means of the system file checker. To utilize the System File Checker tool run SFC.exe. To do this, follow the steps below:
    1. Open an eminent command prompt. To do this, click on Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right click Command Prompt, and after that click on Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for verification, type the password, or click Allow.
    2. Type the below command and after that push ENTER:
      “sfc /scannow”

The “sfc /scannow” command scans all secured system files and restores wrong versions with accurate Microsoft versions.

I encountered the similar trouble of the gadgets. And I attempted the sfc/scannow command, but unsuccessful. The implementation of the command is as follows:
    1. Beginning system scan. This procedure will acquire a few time.
    2. Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    3. Verification 30% complete.
    4. Windows Resource Protection could not execute the requested operation.

So any more suggestion is there to solve this issue? I am searching it in many forums but still not get any solution for this. I like the above solution but it is not useful in my case. Thanking you…

I as well could not add novel gadgets. No reply from right click option. No reply from Control Panel. My clock gadget was misplaced. I saw a few blog entries signifying registry corruption could reason the trouble. Somewhat than updating the registry manually, I ran the registry repair function in the Advanced System Care program from IObit Technology. And the trouble is fixed.

I appear to be having the similar troubles, looking for hints or similarities about this. Gadgets worked very well for me earlier, but I have since re-installed Windows 7 64 bit professional. Is this a re-install or possibly an upgrade for anybody else? If so do you as well keep a windows old directory? The cause why I inquire is because I think this may have root to the troubles in the registry, windows considering and allocated those gadgets with the old sidebar.exe file, or the additional way around. I am cautious about installing novel registry cleaner programs, but I will seem into IObit if not anything else has a fix. I as well have not gotten around to eliminating the old gadget files so I thought it may be simpler to find out further information first.

To overcome the problem, follow these steps:
    1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.