Thread: Very large screen on DELL Dimension 2350 laptop

Very large screen on DELL Dimension 2350 laptop

I want some information about my laptop that it not works like my requirement. I have DELL DIMENSION 2350 computer, this computer has Intel processor @2.5GHz, 1MB RAM, this all hardware working nicely under Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. I have only one problem is that my computer screen shows suddenly very large display of anything. The other problem is that it detected VGA graphic card adapter, but you know what there is no W7RC driver that I have installed on this machine, when I play anything this display just converted into very large means GIANT screen with “640 x 480” resolution. Is there is any way to fix this problem, if you have idea about on-board video chip. If you have any solution about this problem, then please gives it to me, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Very large screen on DELL Dimension 2350 laptop

This kind of problem you have to face if your system has lost the video driver due to any reason, most of the time this is happen in your system if your computer has affected with any virus and your security tools doesn’t search it. To fix this kind of problem just uninstall that video driver and install again in your system, when you finished with just restart your system. I hope after trying this you might get success with this.

You can solve this problem by simply updating your video driver form internet. This update provides you more features by which you can play any supported file and can watch at its normal size normally. For this open device manager in that look for video driver just give a right click on that option, you will see one box which display its property, in that select update button, this option automatically upgrade your video driver, with compatibility. Try this solution I wish that it work on your system.

This might happen on your computer screen if you have updated video driver with un-compatibility. It means during the update process you have selected any other operating system for your update, for that reason you have to suffer from this problem. To fix this problem, look for the display driver in device manager, when you find it just open its property and click on compatibility tab and in that select your operating system, and then press update button, by which your system robotically download update with compatibility. I have only this suggestion; try this solution, by this way you can come out from this mess.

---- I have same problem you know what I have done that entire thing which leads me to a solution. I have updated the driver from internet and I also reinstall driver in my system, but nothing happen after trying this. You have any unique solution by which I can solve this problem. Please help me out from this situation.

I am updating a friend of mine's old Dell Dimension 2350 and after installing Windows 7 Pro on it the display was very large and I couldn't adjust the resolution but after a lot of google-ing and trying different things I finally found the solution that worked. A lot of people advised that I download the video driver from Dell and run it in XP Compatibility Mode but that never worked. So what I did was download the driver for the 845GL chipset from Intel. After installing it go to the folder where it is located and right click then properties then compatibility then make sure you click the box to run as administrator then click change for all users and when the next window appears make sure all the same stuff is checked and then click apply. After doing all that back out and right click on the driver program and click compatibility to make sure all the check boxes you just checked are still checked then run the program by double clicking and follow all the instructions for the install. When it asks, restart your computer and the video resolution should be fine and adjustable!

I don't mean for this to sound elementary but I wish I could have found a detailed explanation on how to do it before I wasted so much time.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 02-01-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.