Thread: Windows 7: Snap only snapping to left side of the monitor screen

Windows 7: Snap only snapping to left side of the monitor screen

Hello to all, I am using the Windows 7 professional with 64 bits system. I am working with Windows 7 for around 5 to 6 months; the snap was working without any problem. But now it is creating problem for me, it is not working now properly. When I drag the Windows to the left, to snap on the left half of the monitor. Then I appear the transparent window as if it is going to snap to the left side of the monitor. But when I go of the window, it gets snap at the right side of the screen of the monitor. When I do the snapping at the right side of the screen, then the snap works fine. It gets snapped at the right side of the screen. The problem is there when I try to snap it to the left side of the screen. And when I try it with the Windows key + left arrow, it works properly. The issue is there when I try with the mouse. What can I do now? Is there any solution for it? I also tried the system store but it won’t work.

Re: Windows 7: Snap only snapping to left side of the monitor screen

Make use of the different mouse and then check whether if the problem persists, because while you work with the keyboard shortcuts the snap works for you. I think that it could happen with the faulty mouse. I will also suggest you to update the mouse drivers and then check what happens. If your hardware device is not performing properly on the system then you need an updated driver. Download and update the driver from the mouse company support. Also install software from the device manufacturer. That is, if your device came with the disc then make use of the disc that might contain software that installs a driver for the device. If still the issue exist for you then try to run the SFC scan.

Try to run the SFC scan as suggested by the “killerboy” and then verify that this problem exists. Make use of the System File Checker tool to check whether which file is creating the problem and then replace it. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Open the command prompt. To do this, click Start menu, in that click All Programs, go to the Accessories, from accessories menu select the command prompt. Right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator. If you have the message for an administrator password then type the password or click continue.
    2. In the command prompt type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow. The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. Hope this will help

I do have this kind of problem too. The snap use to work only on the left hand side of the monitor screen, but i was unable to create the snap on the right side of the monitor. To solve this issue first make sure that your monitor is not somehow on the multiple displays. If you have the have NVIDIA then First right-click on to the desktop and then select the NVIDIA control panel, select the displays that you want to use, making sure you only have one monitor. This solved my problem. you can also try it by replacing with the other mouse and see the result.