Thread: Make Windows 7 look similar to Mac OS X

Make Windows 7 look similar to Mac OS X

I have not seen this before but will be happy to have this thing for me if at all it is possible. I have Windows 7 on the system of mine and I am having Intel Dual Core Processor and with that I have 2 GB of RAM in the system. Now the thing is that I have one of my colleague who has the Apple MacBook Pro with him and I want to have the looks of the Mac in the Windows based System. Is it really possible? I will be happy to have that in my case. The look of the Mac OS X was really awesome. The case is that I will not have the exact copy because of the legal issues. Can you all please suggest me anything in this respect. Any solution near to this one will also do. I have seen some of the cases in which Windows Vista was successful in doing that but have not seen anything like this in the Windows 7. Is it really possible here?

Re: Make Windows 7 look similar to Mac OS X

I do not think that it is at all possible. Windows is Windows and Mac OS X is Mac. There is no way by which you can have this for you and if you want to have the looks of the Mac then you can have the themes and the Wallpapers so that you can have the look. But it will be just like ordinary Themes and if you want to enjoy the Features of the Mac then I think that having the Mac OS X on the system will be a great idea indeed. Decide what you want to have Look or the Operating System. Well it will be nice you can tell how did you get to have the Windows Vista look like the Mac OS X as I have not seen that yet and will be really interested in knowing that for sure.

You have already mentioned that you want to have the looks of the Mac OS X as you have stated about the legal term there in your post. If you want to have the Max OS X for the system just see the following steps and follow then so that you can have the Mac OS X looks here:
    • You will be required to download and install the Rocketdock
    • You can have the Rocketdock based on the operating System
    • After you get the Rocketdock installed just move all the icons in the dock itself.
    • After that simply unlock the Taskbar and then drag it to the Tops of the screen
    • Now after all these things done successfully you will have to open the Browser and search for the mac os x scroll down on the Google Image and then set the image that you obtained as the Desktop Background.
    • Now customizing the Taskbar. Right Click on the Taskbar and go to the properties
    • There you will be able to see auto hide option just check that box
    • After that you will be required to hit the Apply button

That is all that you will have to do and you will have look alike scenario of the Mac OS X in your case.

I think that you should opt for some thing really easier that can help you to have this in your case. The more easier way you find you will enjoy doing all this for you. I think that you should make use of the Snow Transformation Pack and it can bring you the looks of the Mac OS X in for you here in your system. You will be able to view the system as if it has the Mac OS X installed in it and that too without installing the operating system and that is the thing that you are looking for. Give this a try and see if this proves its worth to you. Please let me know about the same.

I have a very lengthy procedure with me but I think that it will really fetch you the right thing that you are looking for. Just follow the steps and see for doing this you will be required to search and download the packages that will be stated below and the thing is that you will have them without much difficulty. Before proceeding with this make sure that you have a system restore ready with you. After that you will be required to have the UXTheme Multi-patcher you will be required to patch the system files with this. After this you will be required to have the Snow Leopard for Windows7. You will be required to take ownership of two system file and the location for them is:
    • C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll
    • C:\Windows\system32\ExplorerFrame.dll

Install the Snow Leopard for Windows7. After this you will have to restart the system and after that you will be able to see that the looks of the Desktop will change to the Mac OS X. If at all you do not see ant change or you find that there is something weird then you can restore the system to the last restore point that I have mentioned above.

I do not think that having the Complete Mac OS X on the Windows 7 is at all possible. If you talk about the looks then let me tell you that the Windows 7 has much better look when compared with the Mac OS X and for getting the look like the Mac OS X you will have to take a lot of trouble. You will have to take care of each and every single point so that you cannot miss on any of the features that can say that it is not Mac OS X. You will be required to take care from the Wallpaper to the Mouse pointer. You will be required to download and install several packages and also in addition to all this there are chances that it may not succeed in the end. Hope I was able to explain you the point.