Thread: Aero Peek on the taskbar does not work for Excel 2007

Aero Peek on the taskbar does not work for Excel 2007

I am using Aero Peek on the taskbar and running windows 7 OS on my computer. I am having some problem with this tool. The problem is that it is working fine with Word 2007, but does not work with Excel 2007. When I move my cursor over the Excel icon on taskbar, then the pop show icons for open windows with titles, but show only the generic icon. I am really struck with this problem and not able to solve it out. So I need you help with this particular problem. Do help me out.
    Last edited by Antonio Muñiz; 02-12-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Re: Aero Peek on the taskbar does not work for Excel 2007

I will like to suggest you few fixes, so you can try them out. First try the Excel Advance Option for 'show all windows' by going to the tools option. If doing this does not solve the problem, then you can try to use Aero Peek Troubleshooter in order to solve your problem. I will like t tell you that I have solved my problem using the Aero Peek Troubleshooter. So I hope that it will solve your problem as well. IF you require more help on this problem, then reply me back.

Before few months I was also facing the same problem on my computer, so I have solved it using a solution, which I will like to share with you. For solving this problem you will have to make the use of the Windows 7 enhancement tool. It is freely available on the internet. It will help you in solving you problem. So try it out and see what you come you get.

Are you making the use of Aero Peek desktop theme on your machine? If not then Aero Peek will not work. So in order to find this out you will require right clicking on vacant part of your desktop and then you will have to select the Personalize option. Here you will have to look for the theme. If the Basic and High Contrast theme is selected there, then try to click on an option under Aero Themes. Doing this will solve your problem.

Even I am facing the same problem with Excel 2003 but not with the word. I have recently installed windows 7 64-bit on my computer. I have already tried the Aero Peek Troubleshooter, but this option is not working in my case. I am already using Aero Peek desktop theme on my machine, so why I am facing this problem? Do you have any other solution for solving it? Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

I have tried your solution of using the excel advance option. But it does not make any difference to the problem. After that I tried the solution of using Aero Peek Troubleshooter. This time I was able to solve my issue and now I Aero Peek on the task bar is working fine with my excel 2007. It was really a wonderful solution as it helps me in solving my problem. Finally thanks for giving me the reply.