Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Desktop Background Slideshow Having Missing Options

Customize Desktop

Old 02-12-2010

Desktop Background Slideshow Having Missing Options

I have been using the Windows 7 Home premium Edition for a long time and have never got an issue while I was using this type of the operating system. I was trying the option of the slideshow that can be viewed by me for the use of the desktop background; but when I tried to do the setting the options showed me out some of the missing components and I was making the use of the personalized view for this. Now the only option that I am having is of the picture position. I can do the process of the changing of the wallpaper individually but the main problem is that it should happen automatically, but still it is not happening. Please help me out with the solution that can resolve this issue.

Old 02-12-2010

Re: Desktop Background Slideshow Having Missing Options

Hey the same problem was faced by me and I am using the same version and the language that is being described by you. While I was performing the following tests I came across the scroll-bar that is being displayed on the right hand side and also got the missing settings that can be seen in the Scroll bar that is moving. See the option that is present in the Scroll-bar that is said to be the capture that can be used for the capturing of the scroll bar.
Old 02-12-2010

The other option that you can use is the you can create a new user account and see that the same problem is being related to the accounts that are being for the global account. For that you got to go to the Start up menu in that the option of the Control Panel, then in that you got to go to the add remove user account and then you got to go to the Create new account option where you can create the new account and see whether the same issue is being faced by doing all this stuff.
Old 02-12-2010

And is still the same issue is being faced then you can also do the option in which you get the slide-show menu where you will come across the file of the file of the Slideshow.ini and then try to simply just recreate the option of it directly. After that you got to restore the missing option if something is missing out of it then go to missing option for the personalization. I have seen that the personalization option helps to solve this problem. And also it is impossible for the reading of the corrupted and the over-weighed files that are being displayed in the slide-show.
Old 02-12-2010

And if it is still not working for you then you can also follow the steps that are being given below that is used for the checking of the integrity of the errors that are being faced:
  1. First you got to Press the start option in that the All Program option then in Accessories you got to click on to the Command prompt and then run as the administrator.
  2. Then you got to type on the option of the SFC or the Scan now and after that you have to click on to the enter button.
  3. This will help you out to restore the system and after that you got to restart the system so that the following changes are being made to it.
Old 02-12-2010

Also if the above restore is not working for you then you can also follow the below steps that are given to follow the steps that will help in the removing of the problems. This steps are based on the re-registering the three object files called the stobject.dll, themeui.dll and the file of the themecpl.dll.
  1. First press on to the start up menu then in that go to All Programs, then Accessories and then right click on the command prompt and run as the similar way as done in the above step by running in the administrator.
  2. Then type the regsvr32 stobject.dll and the press the enter button.
  3. Similarly then type on the regsvr32 themeui.dll and then press the enter button.
  4. After that type on the regsvr32 themecpl.dll and press on the enter key.
  5. After that restart the system and then see this will work properly.
This will help you out properly.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , , ,