Thread: The new Icon bar is disappeared on the top of the screen, with the recycle bin in Windows 7

The new Icon bar is disappeared on the top of the screen, with the recycle bin in Windows 7

I have installed third party software Rocket Dock on my computer running on windows 7 operating system, after the installation of this software I can able see it is icon bar on the top of the window, but now I suddenly this icon bar is disappear with my other windows icons such as recycle bin and other. I don’t know suddenly what happened to it, I have tried to get this icon bar back on my screen but not succeed. So if anyone knows how I can again get these icons back on my screen then please let me know.

Re: The new Icon bar is disappeared on the top of the screen, with the recycle bin in Windows 7

I think that you should have to do some require settings into you view option so that it will help you to get all your icons back. For that you should have to click on the start button on the task bar and then click on the my computer option and go to the Tool bar menu on the menu bar, select Organize and select folder and then search option. Select the view tab and put the check mark in front of “show hidden files and folders” option and then hit on apply button to apply this setting and then hit OK button to close the window.

Re: The new Icon bar is disappeared on the top of the screen, with the recycle bin in Windows 7

In my point of view you should have to reset the cache of your desktop icons After all this go to this directory C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local and look for IconCache.db file, rename this file to IconCache.db.old then close the window and restart your computer for once to apply this changes on your system. I hope this information may help you.

I have search regarding your query and I think that this can be happens because of the third party software which you have installed on your computer. I think that software which you are using may be corrupted and because if that you cannot see them. To overcome this issues here I have given you steps. You should first restart your computer in safe mode by pressing function 8(F8) button on your keyboard and examine that third party icon can display normally or not, if you can see the icon on your screen then after that do the clean boot to evade third incompatible third party software. Or if the problem is remain same then reply back to me.

There is another way to do this is by writing this code to the notepad and save it to your desktop as RefreshIcons.bat file.
    • taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
    • cd /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
    • attrib –h IconCache.db
    • del IconCache.db
    • start explorer

After all this double click on this file to refresh all your caches but before run this you should have to close all the applications.