Thread: How to increase the image size of the icon in the desktop

How to increase the image size of the icon in the desktop

I am working on my laptop and i have kept various shortcuts for the various programs in the desktop. Though the screen icons are of normal size but the picture representing it are appearing very small. I have the habit of looking at the picture directly and clicking on them but from the past few days i have noticed that the image displaying the icon has become very short that it is hardly visible. Is there any procedure to enlarge the image of the icon. Again i want to specify that i don't want to change the size of the icon. It is perfect i want to change only the image of the icon. So suggest me some solutions as early as possible.

Re: How to increase the image size of the icon in the desktop

Microsoft have their own standard for defining the size of the image representing the icon in the desktop because it does not want any enlarged image on the desktop. They are normally set to the low resolution icon set in the icons box. So one solution is that you have to download the icons. for e.g. if you want to download the yahoo icon then click on the website shortcut and click on properties and then select the change icon and browse the location where you have downloaded the icon. After downloading the icon probably the size of the icon as well as image will appear big. Just try and let me know whether it works.

I think so you have suggested this for the enlarging the size of the icon. I tried with this it has helped me and also both the image and the icon are looking much larger but what about the problem of other icons what should i do to enlarge their image. As said earlier the icon size is perfect but not the image size. suggest me some steps with which i can stretch the image of the icon and expand it. Is there any such solutions available for that please do let me know soon.

As i said before windows do keep the normal default size of the icon i.e. 16*16. It will not get larger then that. While in the windows 7 there are options to view the icons in the medium and the large size view. Anyways talking about the image of the icons there is no specific way in which you can only increase the image size inside the icon. What you can do is to download the icons from various websites available in the internet. By downloading the images and carrying on the task as suggested by me earlier you can add various icons in your desktop which are new and larger to appear. Now there can be some change in the size of the icon as the various website's will differ but not so much. So go by this solution instead of worrying about the image size in your icon. Do let me know if it works.