Thread: Windows 7 Taskbar keeps on disappearing and have to restart

Windows 7 Taskbar keeps on disappearing and have to restart

I am experiencing some strange problem with my Windows 7 Taskbar. After some time of usage, I can notice that I could not see the Taskbar any more. I have to restart my computer to get it back. However, this doesn't solves the problem and the same problem reappears after certain time period. I don't know how to solve this problem and would be looking for some help. Do you know about this problem and are you aware about how to solve this problem?

Re: Windows 7 Taskbar keeps on disappearing and have to restart

Why don't you go to Task Manager and re-run the Windows Explorer once again? If that solves the problem then may be your Windows Explorer have been crashed due to which you were unable to get back the Taskbar. To check this out, go to Task Manager (for this simply press CTRL, ALT and DELETE at the same time). Now go to File menu and click on New Task. Type in "explorer.exe" and press Enter button.

I suppose you must have hidden your Taskbar in Taskbar Properties due to which you are facing this problem. So to solve this problem reboot your computer and make sure you can see your Taskbar just for few moment at least. Right click on it and select Properties. Now untick the option which says "Auto hide the Taskbar". If the taskbar auto-hiding was the cause of the problem then this must solve your problem bringing back the Taskbar once again. To ensure this doesn't happen to you once again, right click on the Taskbar once again and choose Lock Taskbar. Now the Taskbar will stick around where ever it is now placed.

I tried running Explorer once again but this doesn't solves the issue. I don't think my Explorer have crashed. I can be so sure because I can perform other operations such as go to local drives and surf my computer. I have also checked if my Taskbar have been hidden and this is not the case. The "Auto hide the Taskbar" feature is unchecked in properties. Is there any other recommendations for this problem? Should I consider that my Windows installation has been corrupted and it will not work unless and until I reinstall the operating system once again?

In such case I think the problem lies with your additional installation that might have affected your Windows 7 behaviour. Did you installed any kind of additional things such as some third party taskbar or add-ons or some other applications recently? Try to uninstall it and see if that helps. Apart from that also try to scan your computer with an updated anti-virus to make sure this isn't causing you the problem. I would recommend you to run MalwareBytes for the virus scan procedure. And for your kind information, there is no necessity to install Windows right from scratch for this kind of problem. If you still think the Windows is the culprit and causing you the trouble then you can even perform Windows Repair with the help of Windows installation disk and make sure if that resolves the problem.