Thread: changing progress bar color

changing progress bar color

I am using windows 7 ultimate in the system. I want to know how to change the color of the progress bar. Which appears at the time of installation of something to the system. Its default color is green.Is there any software or application so that I can change the color of the progress bar. Your ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: changing progress bar color

So you are using windows 7 ultimate and want to change the color of the progress bar. As you have stated that your default color is green it can be changed. The color of the bar can be changed by using the themes. The color is depend on the theme which you are using right now. You need to edit a .msstyles file to change it. I hope it will help you.

Friend your suggestion was not helpful I have tried this but it fails. I need the different themes which can change the color of the progress bar. Anybody have any idea about any theme. If yes pleas let me know through a quick reply . I am waiting. Reply a working Idea I really need. Hope someone there who will help me.

As my friend Gusgr8 told you to use a .msstyles file which will help you to edit the color of the theme. But it was helpful to you as you told. I have a theme which will help you to change the color of the progress bar color. You can use this "Blue progressbars in Windows 7". This will work to solve the problem. Try this.

To solve the problem that is changing the color of the progress bar from green to other color. You have to download the Blue_Progress Bar.rar and after that disable the Aero in control panel. After disabling install the UxStyle for your system. Than install the Take Ownership.reg for the original aero.massstyle. Than execute the .exe file of the installed file now enable the Aero in the control panel. After doing all these steps restart the computer. Try this it will help you.

As you may know that windows XP uses Blue color for the progress bar. But in case of windows 7 it uses green color as its default progress bar color. In windows 7 Green is fort "active" progress bar. Yellow for "paused/hanged" progress bars and red is for "stopped" progress bar. It is developed and some different changes made in it so that it could appear different. Why you want to change this color. But for this you have to install a new theme.