Thread: DisableTaskbarOnTop - disable taskbar always on top

DisableTaskbarOnTop - disable taskbar always on top

Installed Windows 7 32-bit on my system. Well it is running fine for now. I even like it as compared to the previous version of Windows. The only problem with this is that the taskbark always remain on the top. While playing game, whenever I maximize the window, the taskbar sits on the top of the game. I tried the auto-hide method but that even did not work. Whenever I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen while gaming, the taskbar pops up again. How can I remove the taskbar from the top. Please Suggest.

Re: DisableTaskbarOnTop - disable taskbar always on top

Are you having this issue with other program windows or are you having this issue with the game windows only? The only option that I was having for you was Auto-hide Taskbar, but this you have already tried and yet the issue stands rock solid at its position. One more thing can be done, while playing please make sure that the full screen mode is enabled in all the games. Please see the game settings and if not please do the required changes. Post if that makes the difference.

In response to the previous thread you can try the System File Checker tool. This is performed for checking and fixing the corrupted files. In order to this pleases follow the following steps:
    • At first click on the Start button.
    • Click on All Programs>Accessories.
    • In the Accessories, right click on the Command Prompt option
    • Now click on the Run as administrator.
    • If you are the Administrator you will need to press Continue for the authorization to Command Prompt, if not then you will have to type the Administrator password.
    • Now type sfc /scannow in the command prompt window, and then press enter.
    • A message will pop up saying that "the system scan will begin", wait for some time, as it may take some time.
    • If every thing is fine you will see "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".
    • Now you simply need to close the Command Prompt window and restart the system.

Check if this helps.

All you need is to download Disable Taskbar On Top application. When you are finished with the download, depending on the windows version that you are running extract the 32-bit or the 64-bit version. Now run the application. It will change the taskbar behavior, if everything is working fine. If it is not the case then an error message will be poped up. Now in order to fufill what you actually want you need to enable the Auto-hide the taskbar option. Now after doing all this things, the changes that have been made will last only for the current session. If you want to make it run automatically whenever you want you need to simply put the Disable Taskbar On Top executable to the Startup folder of your Start Menu.

Thanks for this wonderful step by step procedure for doing this. It was also annoying me for the past few days. Hopefully now I have something that I can try and get rid of this critical situation. I hope that this time Microsoft does not disappoint and prevent this fix from working. Exactly. The auto hide / pop up is very annoying. It interferes with every full screen app and the mouse placement. Why would MS try to force this idiotic new situation on us? Well with your solution I think that I can overcome this situation. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks to all the members of this forum for providing me the starter for getting rid of this stuff. I will for sure give it a try and post soon tomorrow if it works or it comes up with something weird. I even can not understand why MS decided to remove this option? Was it causing code bloat and/or problems to keep available?