Thread: Transparent Explorer for Windows 7

Transparent Explorer for Windows 7

Am using Windows 7 on my system. I want to make my Windows Explorer menus transparent while keeping the icons and text inside the directories visible. Is it really possible? I can not figure it out, I would say rather that I am absolutely clueless about this. I have downloaded Midnight Glass and Nature Theme but nothing seemed to work properly. an you all please push me to do this. I will be thankful to you.

Re: Transparent Explorer foe Windows 7

I guess if someone can help me with this, I am getting blur but no transparency for the explorer. I simply installed this so that I can have transparency, but it resulted in giving me blur's. I am still working on it. I am searching all over the internet for this but ran out of success. If you all know how I can do this it will be a nice help indeed for me. At the same time I would also like to know how can I make my Firefox fully transparent too?

Re: Transparent Explorer for Windows 7

Aleeza, you need to patch the DLLs that control visual styles. This should really make the difference. Microsoft always looks for their signature on visual styles. They do this by using the security system. This also limits your selection. When the patching is performed the DLLs removes that security. You can do it manually but, it will be nice, if some program does it for you. You can have this by clicking here. It is really safe and can be reversed, easily.

Re: Transparent Explorer for Windows 7

You will have to replace some of the system files to make the thing go around you and in the manner that you wish. Just follow the steps bellow:
    • Please download the following file according to the Windows 7 version that you are using. If it is 32-bit then click DWM_32-bit_7127.zip and if it is 64-bit then click DWM_64-bit_7127.zip to download the file.
    • Save the file on the Desktop.
    • Now extract the dwm.exe and uDWM.dll files to the desktop.
    • Now Unblock both the files by right clicking on the file and going into there properties.
    • After this Stop the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager Service.
    • In the Windows Explorer search and make the backup copy of the original C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe and C:\Windows\System32\uDWM.dll files
    • Now take the ownership of C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe and C:\Windows\System32\uDWM.dll files.
    • Now the replacement part, Copy and Paste the dwm.exe and uDWM.dll files on the desktop into the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
    • Now approve the replacement of the files with the downloaded ones.
    • Finally [B]Start /B] the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager Service.
    • Now, to enable all user full transparency, click on Enable_All_Users_Full_Transparency.zip.
    • Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
    • Now open the the .zip file and extract the .reg file to the desktop.
    • Right click the .reg file and click on Merge.
    • Now click on Run, Yes, Yes, and OK.
    • Now you will be able to make adjustments to the color intensity.

I wish that this will be helpful.