Thread: Turn Windows Vista Taskbar into Windows 7 Taskbar

Turn Windows Vista Taskbar into Windows 7 Taskbar

Give a small preview of Windows 7 to your taskbar Vista. Here's how to display larger text icons with a more readable overview miniature.

The forthcoming Windows 7 represents partly ergonomics the Windows desktop and in particular its transfigures taskbar. Even if it is not possible to implement the concepts in Vista Jump Lists, miniature interactive reordering of which characterize the next Windows, it is still possible to improve the ergonomics of Vista and give a predominant role Thumbnails to Live (live thumbnails) Aero that appear when the mouse fly over the application icon in the taskbar.

Only icons:
    The taskbar displays traditionally the application icon and name. A final redundant. The following trick can display the icon without the name:

- Open REGEDIT (eg by typing Regedit in the Start menu, validate by [Enter])
    - Deploy the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
    - Click the right button on the key WindowMetrics and select New and then String Value
    - Assign the new entry name MinWidth
    - Double-click it and type in the data a value between -255 and -300. Typically used -275.
    - Log off Windows and reopen it to complete the change.

Redefine the size of the Taskbar:
    The taskbar may seem too limited in a single icon. Hence the need to expand slightly. The simplest solution is to use a utility called Taskbar Resize Tool. You can find it by clicking on attachments at the end of this article.(This software requires the following extension if it is not in your system: VC2008)

Redefine the size of thumbnails:
    The miniatures (Live Thumbnails) appearing in Aero mode when the mouse flies over the icons in your taskbar can be improved by varying their size. Again, use a utility dedicated to this manipulation. You will find Vista Thumbnail Sizer by clicking on attachments at the end of this article.

What you need
    Windows Vista
    Versions: Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional Edition / Ultimate
    Level: Beginner
    Time: 5 minutes
    Hardware: - Nothing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Turn Windows Vista Taskbar into Windows 7 Taskbar

Thanks for the great customization, but I wonder when will this Windows 7 going to release.

When i open the taskbar resize tool it starts in a error sayin like cant excute somthing like that can you give me anything?

I tried to download and extract it, it does properly. There was no error. Anyways, here am attaching a new file with this post. Make sure you download it with the browser's inbuilt download manager. Dont use any external internet download manager, it may corrupt the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Better try any customizing tool for that. There are some theme pack for the same. I had downloaded Windows 7 theme pack for Vista and that work well. It offers me a logon screen with wallpapers and entire look for Windows Vista to Windows 7. But this tweak make the system slow so for that try to look for that some better option.