Thread: Screen flashing in Windows 7

Screen flashing in Windows 7

I am a windows 7 user. I am having an issue of Screen flashing in my computer.Whenever i select a folder an error occurs on the top left corner saying “Not Responding”. I think that is because one of my friend has modifies the registry to optimizes the shutdown speed of my computer. But what i can do now to solve to problem? Please help.

Re: Screen flashing in Windows 7

Your guess is correct, this is the cause of optimiation of shutdown speed.The change can be used by Windows optimization utility or technical user who modifies the registry manually. When the setting is changed, Windows 7 may encounter lack of buffer time or other slowness.Anyways, to fix tihs error or issue, you need to fix the modifies registry. So in this case, i have attched a zip file with this post, just download it and merge it with the registry. Once it is done, reboot your computer and problem is solved.

To solve the screen flashing and not responding error in windows 7, go to start, type regedit in the search line and press Enter. Once the registry editor is opened, find these registry keys and delete them.
    • HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\HungAppTimeOut
    • HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\WaitToKillAppTimeOut
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\HungAppTimeOut
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WaitToKillAppTimeOut
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WaitToKillServiceTimeOut

Once all these keys are deleted, Screen flashing will be solved in your computer.

Thanks for the help guys.. It was really annoying. I'll try these steps and get back to you if any thing does wrong. your help is appreciated.

everyone once in awhile my screen will flash black for 2 seconds then come right back on...is this the same flashing problem you guys are having? i want to make sure before i change my registry. thank u

anyone have any thoughts on this?

need Tos thanks for the help but when i do what u say i cant find any of the keys please help me if u can cuz this flashing is getting really annoying. and Expertz also thanks for the help but when i click the file it gose to a blank page so get back to me asap and thanks again

ramchoudhary Guest

3d animation studio india

Hi sir,
    i hope you r right my answer
    Windows 7 may occasionally display a symptom where the screen flashes after user optimizes the computer shutdown speed. The symptom happens whenever user selects a folder or browses to new web page, the desktop which supposed to be in the background will jump or bring to front – flash out for a while, and the “Not Responding” error message will display on the top left corner.

Thank you

Hi, Thanks for this info. I done as suggested and now no more flashing. Thanks again

question Re: Screen flashing in Windows 7

I am having the flashing window/not responding problem randomly not just with my computer window, i all so get windows going to "classic mode" instead of the transparency. I looked in regedit but couldn't find the files plz help.

Quote Originally Posted by mrporky2u View Post
    I am having the flashing window/not responding problem randomly not just with my computer window, i all so get windows going to "classic mode" instead of the transparency. I looked in regedit but couldn't find the files plz help.
    At the time you are navigating in the Registry, click on the Desktop folder in the left panel. That will show a list of entries in the Right panel. You'll find the entries in that list. Remember to back up your registry before deleting anything! It might be a virus problem as well, so try to scan your pc with some good antivirus software.

Thanx Zachary, finally found them (don't no how i missed the the first time)