Thread: Creating and Installing Theme Files

Creating and Installing Theme Files

I am new here, and want to know how one can create and install themes files. What are the various methods and steps that can be taken and followed so that it can be created and installed without any much complications. I really want to know the basic formats of the themes for example its file type and also would like to know to which extent one can go while creating themes .

Re: Creating and Installing Theme Files

Starting from the basic, actually a .theme file is basically a .ini text file. It is divided into various sections. This sections specify visual elements that will be appearing on the desktop having Windows as the Operating System. Here the section names are wrapped in brackets ([]) in the .ini file. A .theme file enables to change the appearance of desktop. Here we can create or modify a .theme file in usually 2 ways. The first way goes like this, modify Personalization or Display Settings in the Control Panel and save the settings as .theme file. The other method is to manually create a .theme file in order to have a better control over the theme.

Now here I am going to give full detail description about how to make a theme file.First of all you should decide what you want to call the Theme. Then create a folder in C:\Program Files\PLUS\Themes name it what name you want to give to your theme.Once this is done its time for the background picture to come in and do make sure that it is for sure .bmp form. Place this wallpaper to the folder that was just created.After this its time for the color scheme. Right click on the desktop, click on the properties and then go for the appearance then choose the colors and fonts you wish for your theme and save it in the folder created first. Similarly sound can also be added to the theme that you are creating. Now coming to the final step, go to the control panel and select desktop themes, then click on save as, name your theme, then click on apply.

Starting with the format of the themes used in Windows 7 and Microsoft. A .theme file is a .ini text file that is divided into various sections. New features are included in Windows 7. So that users can share themes , a new file format, .themepack, has also been introduced with Windows 7. There are a number of required and optional sections in themes files.

Usually a theme pack is actually a compressed single file which contains one or more than one background images. In order to create your own theme you need to select the appropriate content and then click the Save Theme link on the Personalization page in the control panel. Also take an important care that you choose the theme pack and type in the list or else it will be saved without the images.

I think creating a simple theme is rather easy. First of all you just customize your desktop the manner in which you want it to be. After this is done click on the "Save Theme" on the Personalization page and finally what you need is to choose the theme pack type in the list(drop down list). It is just this simple, and I find no other complications further.Please give it a try and follow all the above replies. Thanks