Thread: How to put a GIF as a Windows 7 desktop background

How to put a GIF as a Windows 7 desktop background

Hey guys, i have a very short query and hope you guys can help me for sure. The thing i wanted to know sounds simple but its really difficult for me. I have a Windows 7 system and i have created an animated image of my personal images. I tried to put this Gif image as my desktop background. Thats was simple but its not moving. Do you guys have any idea how can i properly put a gif image as a desktop background on Windows 7 ?

Re: How to put a GIF as a Windows 7 desktop background

That’s correct, its simple to put gif image as a desktop background simply by right clicking and selecting as 'Set as Desktop Background'. But the problem is that gif images as well will effort in the same way like jpg or png file when we keep it as a desktop background.

It won’t move as we can see on our mobile phone’s screen (as per my knowledge). If you get trick moving it, please share here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhasini View Post
    I tried to put this Gif image as my desktop background. Thats was simple but its not moving. ?
    Am not sure you are talking about wallpaper or screen saver. I have not seen an animated wallpaper on desktop, they are screensaver. If it is wallpaper than you may need to make use of some application that makes it possible, search on Google. Or i can suggest you to download DesktopX. It enables you to run widgets (small applications). You could put all kinds of animals and other objects that move to give life to your desktop.

You can also go with DreamScene,the principle is rather simple. This software allows to screen any WMV file . Convenient to have an animated desktop super class! Well, by cons, in memory usage, I do not know if it is successful but to try. It runs on XP and Vista against Windows Seven is already integrated with the ultimate version and you can unlock the feature on other versions (home, basic ... etc.) by using a patch.

I dont think it is possible to make an image moving on your desktop. I agree with orlando and Steinbach, you can keep any video file as your moving desktop background. But i'll personally recommend you to do this. Because if you anyhow become possible to keep an gif moving on your desktop, or set a video as you wallpaper, Windows will get extremely slow as it takes lots of resources. SO avoid doing so. Be happy with Jpg or Png images.

l33t Re: How to put a GIF as a Windows 7 desktop background

WELL IM 100% SURE U CAN USE A GIF FILE AS A WALLPAPER BUT ON WINDOWS XP. IM TRY WITH VISTA AND 7 IT'S NOT WORK