Thread: Windows 7 automatically switching to non-aero theme

Windows 7 automatically switching to non-aero theme

Am new to this forums as well as for Windows 7. using this system from last 2 weeks. I like its all rich feature including the Aero theme. But from last few days, while working with of the files, system gives me an error message stating "The color scheme has been changed to Windows Basic" and Aero theme automatically changes to the basic. Sometimes it use to come frequently and there is also no check box to stop it. Why is it happening ?I need some help to get rid of this problem? Could you guys ? Help appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 automatically switching to non-aero theme

Whenever a message appears stating that certain visual elements, such as transparency of the window frame, were disabled or if the system informs you that the theme was changed to Basic theme, one of the following events is the cause:
    • Any running application might not be incompatible with the Aero theme. When this occurs, certain visual elements are disabled automatically. Once you execute the program, the visuals are automatically reactivated.
    • Windows may disable the Aero theme or the transparency of windows to save power. This happens mainly on the Laptop.
    • The hardware or the screen resolution has changed. If you change the screen resolution, video card or the monitor configuration, the computer may no longer meet the minimum recommended to run the Aero theme.
    • Your computer might be low on memory to run any programs. If Windows has automatically activated the basic theme and want to return to the Aero theme, close some windows to free memory.

You should get some idea from these points to get rid of this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming yue View Post
    Why is it happening ?I need some help to get rid of this problem? Could you guys ? Help appreciated.
    Basically Windows Aero depends on whether your video card has enough devoted video memory. A few graphics cards enlarge their own devoted video memory by animatedly assigning system memory. If there is inadequate system memory to be enthusiastically allocated at the suitable time, Windows Aero get disabled automatically.

In an attempt to revive elements such as transparency, run the Aero troubleshooter , which can detect and correct problems automatically. In order to run the Aero Troubleshooting, Open the control panel from the start menu. Or simply type troubleshooting utility in Search field. In the opened window click Troubleshooting. Now under Appearance and Personalization option you will find View Aero desktop effects, click on the same. Clear the administrator confirmation by entering password.

Whenever you get this message, you should simply turn off the computer devoid of directly from the power switch or unplug the cable. Don’t shut down it from start menu but clicking on shutdown. This is because we are not allowing the system to save the present settings of the computer and hence when we start the system again, it will return back to windows aero color scheme. I know this is not the proper way to fix this problem but this is what I have tried twice and it works for me.

If the troubleshooter does not solve the problem, try to reactivate an Aero theme from the start. Go to Start Menu, open control panel and than click on Appearance Settings. In the Search box, enter the color of windows, then click Change colors and window sizes.Sub Themes Aero, click on a theme to apply it to your desktop. Hope this helps you !!