Thread: How can i restore default fonts back in Windows 7

How can i restore default fonts back in Windows 7

Hi, am sorry if am posting this query in the wrong section. I am having a Windows 7 computer at my home and using it from last 5 to 6 months. recently i have had installed some around thousand new fonts on the same. i liked the fonts but after that some of my applications are not working properly. So i wanted to restore back to the original fonts. i dont know how to do the same. Could you guys please make me know how can i restore Windows 7 default fonts ?

Re: How can i restore default fonts back in Windows 7

You can easily remove or restore the default windows 7 fonts. But while doing this process you should be aware that it will delete all or any changes you had made to your display settings. To restore the default fonts, just go through these steps:
    • Click on Start button, than go to Control Panel.
    • Now click on Appearance and Personalization and finally click on Fonts.
    • Here in the left side you will find Font settings.
    • Here simply click on Restore default font settings.

That’s it. You are done.

Windows can hide fonts, based on your input language settings, in programs that allow you to select a font. You can let Windows show and hide fonts automatically, or you can choose to see all of the fonts installed on your computer in your programs. You can also show or hide fonts individually by using the Show and Hide buttons. To do so Open Fonts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts. Select a font, and then click Show or Hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    i liked the fonts but after that some of my applications are not working properly. So i wanted to restore back to the original fonts. i dont know how to do the same.
    Thats true. Too many fonts can slow your computer when you use applications like word processors and spreadsheets, use of fonts managed by Windows 7. This slow performance was noticed especially because applications take a long time to load, making the drop down menu to select the font to use and almost impossible to use too much memory to manage all your fonts.

There is no simple rule to determine the maximum number of characters to use, depends on the amount of memory your PC and processor type. To solve the problem, normally, we must remove unnecessary characters. When you do this, you will also see that it is easier to find the font you want, because you have to search through hundreds of fonts.

To restore the default font in Windows 7 start to access the computer using an account with administrative privileges. Click on Start> Control Panel. In the Windows Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization and Characters. You must open the Control Panel fonts. Note that this window is recorded each font installed on your PC. To see how many fonts are installed in Windows 7, look at the bottom of the window. and 'by the number of fonts used in Windows 7.

To restore only the fonts that ship with Windows 7, click on the link on the left side of the window called the font settings.In the Settings section of the Font window, click the button labeled Restore default font settings and follow the instructions on the screen. Procedure ended, only the fonts that ship with Windows 7 appear in the list of fonts on your PC.

There is no limit on the number of fonts that can be installed on a PC before you begin to notice slow computer and applications. However, in a moderately powerful computer with about 2 GB of RAM, you start having problems with certain fonts installed 1000 a 1200.

Naturally, you can also delete unused fonts one by one. Before doing so, however, save all fonts in a heading or a disk to another disk. This will be handy in case you accidentally delete a font and you realize later that you would always list of available fonts in your applications. In fact, save your font is a good way to ensure you can always restore a previously deleted character.