Thread: Windows 7 Dock disappeared

Windows 7 Dock disappeared

As you all might be knowing that i am a Windows 7 user, i need some help regarding my Windows 7 dock. Recently i bought new a new laptop with Windows 7 and it was having a dock that makes the screen appear like Mac OS. After few weeks i need to replace the hard drive due to some problem and after that the dock disappeared completely. I tried lot to get it back but i cant. Could you guys please help me out in this case ? Where can i find the Windows 7 Dock ? Any help will be appreciated .

Re: Windows 7 Dock disappeared

Am using Windows 7 too since long time but have never seen any Dock in my Windows 7. As per my knowledge there is no dock in this operating system. Have you seen the same on any of windows 7 desktop rather than laptops ? I guess, the laptop you are talking about, that you purchased recently is from dell, because dell itself only provide such dock and is know as Dell Dock. Hope you got what i meant.

Windows 7 doesn't come with the dock. The dock you found is surely the Dell dock. But there is nothing to worry. If it is no more there on your system you can simply download it from the delldock. The idea of the Dell Dock permits trouble-free access to common applications (i.e. E-mail, Internet, Photos, Music, Videos, Office, Security, Help). The Dell Dock maintains icons grouped jointly in categories, with related icons located in Drawers beneath.

This facilitates to get rid of the clutter of icons on your desktop and keep away from confusing which icon does what. By stirring your mouse's cursor on any of the icons on the dock, you will observe the icon grow bigger and a brief description will come out. This helps you rapidly find the right icon for the application you desire to run.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    The Dell Dock maintains icons grouped jointly in categories, with related icons located in Drawers beneath. This facilitates to get rid of the clutter of icons on your desktop and keep away from confusing which icon does what. By stirring your mouse's cursor on any of the icons on the dock, you will observe the icon grow bigger and a brief description will come out. This helps you rapidly find the right icon for the application you desire to run.
    Thats really nice, mate. Am also using Windows 7 and would like to have this on my system. But am not using dell pc or lappy. Will it still work on my system? if yes, please let me know some of its feature and also let me know from where to download the same.

Not sure but i think yes, it will work on PC apart from Dell as well. As per features it is equipped with the following:
    • Easy access to commonly used programs & files.
    • Reduces icon clutter on the desktop.
    • Groups like applications under categories, such as: Take Pictures & View Pictures grouped under Photos.
    • Avoids confusion over which icon does what, by viewing easy to read titles for each icon.
    • Add, move, or delete: category(s), shortcut(s), and separator(s).
    • Customize your dock: change the location, color, lock dock settings, enable autohide, disable run at startup and more.
    • Bring to Top When Mouse Nears Edge - allows you to access the dock when a full screen application covers it, by simply moving the mouse to the edge of the screen where the dock is located.
    • Backup & restore customization settings - nice if you want multiple dock configurations for different purposes or people (i.e. business, school, gaming, Mom's dock, Joe's Gaming dock).
    • Supports touch screen monitors (i.e. tablet computers) by displaying a larger dock with visible icon titles.