Thread: What is the Keyboard shortcut for euro symbol

What is the Keyboard shortcut for euro symbol

I am using Macbook Pro at my home. I would like to know what is the keyboard shortcut for the Euro symbol. I require it because I usually perform my work from my home, and most of the time I have to send emails to my French clients who require the currency to converted into Euro. So putting Euro currency symbol on email has become a headache for me. Can you help me in this matter?

Re: What is the Keyboard shortcut for euro symbol

I am unaware about what is the situation at your place but if I suppose it is supported by the font that you have on your Macbook pro, go for Option-2. Ideally it should help.

Thanks Duck for that help but it didn't helped me. It gives me trademark symbol. I think your case is altogether different from mine. Can anybody else help me in this matter?

I think your Caps lock key is ON, try to put it OFF and then repeat the same procedure. If, however, that doesn't help then you can even go for Alt-2. Generally these are the trick to put euro symbol.

No, it didn't worked before you didn't used Shift key. I think you should try Shift + Option + 2. I am not 100% sure about this but you can atleast give it a try. Who knows what may help you!

Even I agree with Lord. I had tried Alt-2 but it was of no use. And by the way how could you think of Alt as an alternative to Option? Although Shift + Option + 2 worked in my case, I would rather prefer to just copy paste it.

To find a keyword shortcut for any character on Mac requires a small tweak. Click on System Preferences, International, select the 3rd tab. Here at the bottom of the windows, you will find an option stating "Show Input Menu". Check it. Now choose Keyboard Display from the list that comes up at the top. Now you will be able to see what kind of keyboard you are using, make the choice and click on Keyboard Display. Now you should be able to see all the possible keyboard shortcuts for your keyboard.

l33t Re: What is the Keyboard shortcut for euro symbol

The euro symbol can be accessed on a Mac by pressing shift+option+2, and within Windows by using the alt key+0128.

The British Sterling, commonly referred to as the pound, is still the currency in England, Scotland and the United Kingdom’s territories. The pound symbol looks like a calligraphic capital L with a crossbar through it. It can be typed on a Mac by pressing option+3. In a Windows environment, the pound symbol is accessed with the alt key+0163.
    Last edited by funk; 28-05-2010 at 11:20 PM.